• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Did the H2 ever have a single speed t case?

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
a guy is telling me H2s came with the Bw4484 OR a single speed AWD t case that didn’t have low range? That’s false isn’t it? I have never single a single speed awd t case without low range in an H2. Just wanted to confirm

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Never heard that either. Let him back it up. Hummers have always been 4WD vehicles, not AWD vehicles. Part of their genetic nature, just like 2WD USPS mail trucks are part of the Jeep DNA :)

BTW, have you seen the recent Trailmater video with some Moab guys taking a AWD Subaru on Hell's Revenge? Didn't fare too well.

EndeavoredH3

H2 only had 2 models of tcases.

One for the 4l60 and 6l80. Both full time 4x4 tcases with 4hi, 4 hi lock and 4 lo lock. Only difference between the two is the input being 32 or 27 spline for each respective transmission output shaft.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Thanks for clarifying all. I told him the same damn thing every H2 ever made had a full time 2 speed t case and a rear locker. He was so adamant that he was right I then questioned myself. Glad he was wrong 😃

CostaMesa H2

Just put this on my 2009 H2 bcuz I put in 4.88 gears so I upgraded a lot of other things

Attachments

• 20230426_180304.jpg
    20230426_180304.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 62