• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Low Idle

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Have you replaced the battery yet? Just because you got it running doesn't necessarily mean it's going to run well. Modern vehicles are very dependent on a good current from the battery.

Tammie 5070

Probationary Member
I got a Interstate Battery around 2 yrs ago checked the cables also
This 2003 h2 has some electrical issues

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Batteries can, and do, fail within 2 years. That doesn't mean I'm saying that's the issue, but it's the most common first step in troubleshooting. After that, I'd confirm, test, inspect, etc. the following items:
Battery terminals - are they tight and not corroded?
Battery cables - any signs of corrosion on either end? Replace if any doubts, especially given your location in Ohio
Bad ground - rusted or corroded connections. This can happen in various places in the vehicle
Bad BCM
Plug in professional tech tool and look for any codes that exist or previously existed. Maybe a weak connection on a sensor, for example, or a failing sensor.

Tammie 5070

Probationary Member
I have looked at all that you said on Battery nothing looks bad ,on the Body Controll what one do you check or the TBCBattery feed
Now I have Electrical issues the dash has stopped working the computer part works sometimes on it if I hit the button to turn on light inside dash goes out have had this issue for awhile now
I was going to go ahead and clean the Throttle Body to see if that will help
Thank you so much for helping me with this Issue

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Battery - nothing "looks bad"? Did you have it tested, or swap with a known-good battery? Unlikely one could diagnose a broken battery visually.