• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Pulstar plugs

rebell_h3

Well-Known Member
Messages
101
Location
FT. Bragg, NC
I replaced the stock plugs with the pulstars and I can tell the difference. They are not cheap especially having the alpha. If anyone plans on changing theirs on there alpha have fun with the number 1 plug drivers front. I almost gave up an left it in there. i have cuts from my fingers to my elbows trying to get that little thing out.:horns:
 

Scarsman

Sponsor
Messages
1,561
Location
Monroe, WA
Keep us posted on how they work. I have read a lot of reviews on them complaining of serious engine and PCM problems after using them for awhile. Hope that's not the case for you!
 
D

Dennis

Guest
Keep us posted on how they work. I have read a lot of reviews on them complaining of serious engine and PCM problems after using them for awhile. Hope that's not the case for you!
Please post some links to these reviews..I've seen nothing of the sort and have been running them in mine for the last 5K miles with absolutley no issues...I can't see how in anyway the spark plugs could affect the PCM..electrically impossible

FAQ: http://www.pulstar.com/faqs.htm
 

rebell_h3

Well-Known Member
Messages
101
Location
FT. Bragg, NC
hummer.jpg
The yellow box thats where the #1 plug is under all that mess. "part # ad1i" I had to buy 8 for the alpha, i got them from autozone took 2 days to come in from warehouse. no problem i'm on leave for 2 weeks.
 

JonBishop

Well-Known Member
Messages
724
Location
Glendora, CA
Put them in mine too, I noticed the difference the first time I stepped on the skinny pedel, they are defiantly worth getting
 

machineguneddie

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Messages
212
Location
Omaha
Mine was running a little peppier this morning. It idled smoother, accelerated smoother and quicker. I'm happy with my easy upgrades.
My throttle body was disgustingly dirty. Took that sucker off and cleaned the hell out of it.
 

Scarsman

Sponsor
Messages
1,561
Location
Monroe, WA
Please post some links to these reviews..I've seen nothing of the sort and have been running them in mine for the last 5K miles with absolutley no issues...I can't see how in anyway the spark plugs could affect the PCM..electrically impossible

FAQ: http://www.pulstar.com/faqs.htm

I'll find it tomorrow when I can be on a computer. I think they may have been on Amazon.

Sent from my Casio Commando using Tapatalk
 
D

Dennis

Guest
The ones being reviewed here are the Platinum type..I have seen over the years that some engines just don't like Platinum plugs, I don't know why, but it seems to be an issue with some engines...The ones for the H3 that I used are the Iridium type P/N # ef1i...The OEM plugs are also Iridium....Just sayin'

http://www.amazon.com/Pulstar-EF1i-Iridium-Pulse-Plug/product-reviews/B002UO4UGY
The PULSTAR EF1i Pulse plugs are great! No misfires, no hesitation, no problems. They seem to add a little pick me up to my '06 Chevy Trailblazer. Great buy!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Doc Olds

Well-Known Member
Messages
165
Location
Boat Town MI
No intent to burst any bubbles. My brother-in-law had the assigned task at GM's Tech Center (Warren MI) a couple years ago to dyno run every kind of spark plug they could find, the fancy expensive newfangled "U" grove, split tip, multi platinum.... the list goes on and on. They pulled 100s of loads on a bunch of motors. If they do anything, it does not show up on the dyno, not even a tiny bit. The purpose of the testing was to provide engineering with data to decide if a certain spark plug would improve efficiency enough to include that particular plug as OEM, or incorporate its design into an new OEM ACDelco plug. They weren't looking for just more power, that was only the part he was working on. They were looking for burn efficiency as well (emissions and potential fuel economy).

The results....... the envelope please..... the super duper special plugs are nothing but a marketing ploy.

Materials are important to longevity and reliability, but a spark plug is a spark plug.

Personally, in an I5, I would run nothing but OEM because of the high intensity spark from the coil on plug packs can chew up lesser electrodes (E3s for example).
 
D

Dennis

Guest
I agree with the doc below..as far as the H3 I5 engine, and that you should either use OEM or equivilant, as long as they are IRIDIUM type...The Pulstars used in the H3 are of the Iridium type (ef1i) and there is testimony here on this board alone, that claim marked improvement in performance...nuff said.
 

rebell_h3

Well-Known Member
Messages
101
Location
FT. Bragg, NC
i have the air doc with k&n a superchip programmer with these add ons there was a difference in idle an throttle response. i have the v8 though
 

05Mudiak

Well-Known Member
Messages
731
Location
Lake Charles, LA
what ever you do, do not buy E3's. I put them in our VW GTI and with in 2 months we were getting missfire like crazy. Ended up all 4 lugs electrode ceramic cracked on all of them pulled them out and put in some denzo platinums and she ran like a chmp. I also email E3 a few times never heard anything back from them
 
Top