• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do with your H3 recently? NEW

Doc Olds

OK. I'll pitch in. Now this is highly technical and may be far to difficult for the rest of you to do at home without supervision from trained professionals.....

I wiped down the leather seats with Meguiars Gold Class Rich Leather wipes and.................... wiped the dash and door panels with Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer Wipes. Then took a Beer break as it was a rough day. :cool:

H3Hummer

Duuuuude those tires are heavy to get off.....
.... so today was an all new breaks day:
front pads, rotor and caliper, rear pads rotor and caliper, park brake shoes, break liquid flush and ......................... daaaamn, those tires are heavy to remount
Now It breaks like hell :cool:

Still have the rear bearings to do, but.................. on another sunny day

Korby7

Trying my hand at welding aluminum. A learning curve from mild steel.
Almost finished with a snorkel that replaces the A pillar trim. Frenched in the roof marker light. I’ll spray it with bed liner from an hvlp gun to match the trim texture as close as possible.
6E767C6C-CFC5-4F7F-9942-C1C65166698C.jpeg

20B5C7BA-C918-4295-8447-6456B03F6987.jpeg

Korby7

LED lights are Rough Country Black Edition 12" center and 6" outers. Could have gone 8" outers.
I used a Millermatic 211 MIG with a Teflon liner, .035 4043 wire and .045 tips.
I had to make a path to rout. Actually, didn't remove much metal from the upper rail. I'll post the installed piece without the fender when work slows down and I can spray the bedliner on it.
IMG_4927.JPG

fanugy

This is likely user-error, but i thought i recalled a post showing the kits needed for regearing the front and rear.
I admit terrible frustration with the search function on this site, so again, user error acknowledged.
my daughter is coming down from Idaho over Christmas to Phoenix and i want to put 4.88 or 5.13 in her T before she goes back. It may have to wait for spring, but the T does not like the hills up to Idaho on 35’s

aspen

By the way, does anyone know why GM fixed the rear leaf springs, driver side, with the bold inside, near Gastank, impossible to get that fu.... bold out without cutting or take all the protection of the Gastank out??? Fu... ing idea from GM ???????
Well I've chosen to cut that dam bold out to replace bushings and put the new bolts in the right way, from outside to inside. Man you just habe 1-2 mm play to go and get it tight up if you don't take that Gastank protection off....... crazy 45minutes job for it :mad::mad::mad:
3 bolts to remove the gas guard and gm made the gas tank with an area in the gas tank to remove the spring bolt

KustomTek

After breaking countless key fobs, I decided to have some fun with my 3D printer over the christmas break and made a completely new key fob case that reuses the buttons and circuit board from the teardrop shape one we all have. Inspired by the key fob case that I had on a Silverado. After a few trial prints, it's pretty close to being done. One more nice quality print and it should be good to go.

FOB FRT A.JPG
DOB BACK.JPG
FOB 3D A.JPG

KustomTek

That key fob is really cool. You should make more and sell them!
If there was interest, I'd sell some key fobs. I'm also working on some other stuff to 3D print for my truck... headlight and foglight adapter brackets. I've been in the automotive design business for over 20 years, and if I had the time and money... I'd have a truck full of one off custom parts.