• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Interior Rearview Mirror

USMC_315

Howdy gents, I'm trying to find a replacement for the interior mirror. After a while of having leaks and high(ish) humidity levels inside the cabin, the mirror began to deteriorate. It's practically unusable now and the back up camera is 100% useless because it's covered up by so many black spots. In my search for finding a new mirror to completely replace it, I've come across a few different types of mirrors used by GM. I need one that has the back up camera, GPS, and OnStar. Shockingly, it seems like theirs a dozen different combinations offered by GM at the time. On Ebay I've found multiple mirrors that look IDENTICAL to mine, but when searching the part number, it says it's not compatible. Has anyone gone down this road, or at the very least know what part number(s) I need to retain all the factory functions? I tried searching the forum, but searching for "mirror" in the H3 section only yielded one result which was about the temp gauge. Any help is appreciated!

KustomTek

Inside Rear View Mirror for 2006-2010 Hummer H3 & H3T that retains compass, o/s temp, onstar, gps is 15269045.
Inside Rear View Mirror for 2006-2010 Hummer H3 & H3T that retains compass, o/s temp is 15269044.

Jeepwalker

Did you get your humidity issue resolved? You probably need to replace your sunroof seal (if you haven't already), thoroughly clean the sealing surfaces and make sure the drain tubes are clear.

Then, you probably need to remove your truck's carpeting (remove seats and interior plastic first), and let the carpet dry out. The foam behind it soaks up water like an incredible sponge. It'll probably never dry out on it's own, and gets musty. I've had mine out twice :) I soaked mine in soapy water to de-smellify it. That was a long time ago. It's really not as bad of a job as ya think. New sunroof seals are usually avail on ebay. Easier the 2nd time. It seems to me the Tahoe back in that same era used a lot of similar parts, but not sure on the mirror.

Best of luck

USMC_315

Did you get your humidity issue resolved? You probably need to replace your sunroof seal (if you haven't already), thoroughly clean the sealing surfaces and make sure the drain tubes are clear.

Then, you probably need to remove your truck's carpeting (remove seats and interior plastic first), and let the carpet dry out. The foam behind it soaks up water like an incredible sponge. It'll probably never dry out on it's own, and gets musty. I've had mine out twice :) I soaked mine in soapy water to de-smellify it. That was a long time ago. It's really not as bad of a job as ya think. New sunroof seals are usually avail on ebay. Easier the 2nd time. It seems to me the Tahoe back in that same era used a lot of similar parts, but not sure on the mirror.

Best of luck
Sure did. Turned out to be the rivnuts the roof rails mount to. There was a post about it on here or another Hummer forum, I checked it after the sunroof had been replaced and was still getting water. Sure enough, my excursions with 200-300 lbs up there while rocking back and forth on climbs did their number. Entire sunroof assembly was replaced; the seals, drain tubes, hell even the glass. Carpeting was replaced along with the headliner too. Thanks for the look out though!

USMC_315

Inside Rear View Mirror for 2006-2010 Hummer H3 & H3T that retains compass, o/s temp, onstar, gps is 15269045.
Inside Rear View Mirror for 2006-2010 Hummer H3 & H3T that retains compass, o/s temp is 15269044.
I appreciate it, but it doesn't seem like either of these have the backup camera function...