• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

2008 TPMS & BCM module

TD-5

Have a 2008 Alpha. The BCM module recognizes 4 TPMS wheel sensors. I want to rotate the spare into the mix. Can the BCM be programmed with GM factory software to recognize 5 sensors instead of 4. I did read that the 1st year 2006 Hummer BCM would recognize 5. but they later changed the programming to not include the spare.

TD-5

Well thats disappointing, so Sensor ID of wheel coming off needs to be programmed out of BCM & Sensor ID of Wheel going on programmed in. Then the relearn process so the BCM knows where each wheel is on the Vehicle?

650Hawk

Yup, the system simply cannot "add" or "replace" a sensor; it must start from scratch and "add" all of them in the same procedure. Although I'm not really convinced that the position of the wheel is really important, since that info is not relayed to the driver in any way.

My wife's Tahoe knows the positions, and can tell you the pressure of each, so it's important to program them in the correct sequence. But that's not the case with our H3s; it only tells you when A tire is low, not which one is low. I think the walk-around sequence called out for programming simply makes it easier to do, but serves no other real purpose.

Last edited:

TD-5

The TPMS matching Process (walk around sequence) does appear to identify where each sensor is on the vehicle and what the pressure is when a Diagnostic program is connected to the vehicle. I can see them with my "Auto Enginuity" program. It even shows a code for which wheel it deems to be low. My problem is I cannot change sensor ID's with the program.
I absolutely agree its of no use to the operator of the vehicle, all we get is a stupid blinking light and "Service TPMS Syst" in the message center.
I would love to be able to just program the system "OFF' and be done with it.

08H3

I agree that the TPMS system on the H3 isn’t that great, but I’m still not sure I understand the problem you are having. Is the walk around process not working? I’ve been doing a 5 tire rotation since new and have never had an issue syncing the sensors.

The “Service TPMS” message you mention is not reporting a low tire as you stated. It’s reporting a sensor that is not communicating. A low tire will give you the icon with the exclamation point and “Low Tire” on the DIC.