• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

30,000 miles service. H3

davidh3

Well-Known Member
Messages
334
Location
N/A
a worker at dealer Service Department(Coral Cadillac/HUMMER) quoted me $700 totally. He said it's Maintenance not included in Warranty section.

:huh:.... I'm running out of money recently.

4 parts(I can't remember it perfectly):

Replace Air Filter $65
Do something on the Engine $165
Clean Fuel Injector $155
Do something on the Breaks $155
--------------------------------------
TOTAL: $700


I want to get some ideas from you guys before spending money.
 
Last edited:

abearden

Well-Known Member
Messages
609
Location
N. Idaho
a worker at dealer Service Department quoted me $700 totally. He said it's Maintenance not included in Warranty section.

:huh:.... I'm running out of money recently.
Check what's actually recommended vs. what the dealership is providing. My boss recently got duped because they said A, B, C, D, E, and F were "suggested" at X mileage. The actual manufacturer suggested list was only A, B, C, and D. E and F were "dealer suggested" (aka let's tag more on even though it's not needed).
 

davidh3

Well-Known Member
Messages
334
Location
N/A
What the heck is he quoting you for? Replacing parts or something?

4 parts(I can't remember it perfectly):

Replace Air Filter $65
Do something on the Engine $165
Clean Fuel Injector $155
Do something on the Breaks $155
--------------------------------------
TOTAL: $700
 

JGBB04

Well-Known Member
Messages
520
Location
Tampa Bay
I'd find a good local shop to go to that you trust, most charge a little less than dealers & so long as you find a good one they won't try to up sell you. Mine goes to my local shop for every thing not covered by warranty.
 

deserth3

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,078
Location
Conroe, TX
It's a 50,000 mile air filter. Check it yourself and replace it if you think it needs it.
Second is probubly to pull the throttle body and clean it. You can do the same yourself without taking it off.
Clean Fuel injectors. About all they do is put techcron in the tank and tell you it may run funny for a tank. I've had this done and never really noticed the difference. Put the techron in yourself for $30.00.
Do something to the brakes. Probubly flush the fluid. Which involves just bleeding them to get rid of the old oil and put in new. This may need to be done if there is excess buildup of water in the fluid. Brake fluid is made to absorb water. Again you can do this yourself but much easier with a buddy.
 

davidh3

Well-Known Member
Messages
334
Location
N/A
I'd find a good local shop to go to that you trust, most charge a little less than dealers & so long as you find a good one they won't try to up sell you. Mine goes to my local shop for every thing not covered by warranty.

:giggle:Maybe I look more "rippable" than other people.
 

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Messages
10,671
Location
Scottsdale
David, use the service guide in your owner's manual as a guide for what needs to be done. A lot of shops will use outdated schedules for service.

I'd get their stuff in writing, let us know and we'll walk you through each item.
 

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
Messages
1,545
Location
El Centro, Mehico (Way So Cal)
My regular service advisor was out one day when I brought the 2 in for an oil change and some warranty work. The stand in guy ran me thru a whole routine of "services the truck needs", which threw me for a loop. My service advisor had never said anything about any of this stuff. Luckily he showed up just before the truck went in for service, took a look at the list of "recommended services" and said I didn't need any of that. I asked what that was all about and he said it was list of services that the dealer recommends above what the manual states.
It's not services you need by any means, just services they need you to have done so they can continue to make money. The dealer list was all inclusive to include things like-- change the headlight fluid (diminished light performance leading to blown bulbs, especially after going for a beer), re-tuning the horn (loses factory tune about 35K miles), flush the windshield squirter tank (scum build-up is the leading cause of school zone accidents in the nation), and re torquing the mirror bolts, not to mention oodles of other things we don't think about but are critical to the operation of your vehicle.
 

davidh3

Well-Known Member
Messages
334
Location
N/A
David, use the service guide in your owner's manual as a guide for what needs to be done. A lot of shops will use outdated schedules for service.

I'd get their stuff in writing, let us know and we'll walk you through each item.

in my 09 H3 Owner's Manual :

Scheduled Maintenance:Maintenance I, Maintenance II (I can't find relavent mileage numbers)
Additional Required Services:
25,000 50,000 75,000 100,000 125,000 150,000 miles

I can't find "30,000 miles service" in the manuel
 

sinstr

Well-Known Member
Messages
196
Location
south fla
I have used Coral Cad many times, but only for warranty work. They have tried to sell me on changing my diff and trans case fluid at 25k miles. Well below the factory recommended levels. They have repaired my truck under warranty when another dealer failed to diagnose a major problem correctly, but in the same breath try and sell me front and rear brakes for over a grand.

You dont need to use them for these services they are quoting you. If you dont know how to perform these services on your own or dont have the tools, I can help you out. Its all easy stuff and very inexpensive.
 

davidh3

Well-Known Member
Messages
334
Location
N/A
I have used Coral Cad many times, but only for warranty work. They have tried to sell me on changing my diff and trans case fluid at 25k miles. Well below the factory recommended levels. They have repaired my truck under warranty when another dealer failed to diagnose a major problem correctly, but in the same breath try and sell me front and rear brakes for over a grand.

You dont need to use them for these services they are quoting you. If you dont know how to perform these services on your own or dont have the tools, I can help you out. Its all easy stuff and very inexpensive.
:cheers:good to know here has another south Florida resident!

yeah! Coral Cad and Vera Cad, they both suck. The biggest loss I had was when a guy at service department charged me $200 for repairing battery issue although he knew that was covered by Warranty, (I was a newbie, my first car is HUMMER H3 i was aware of nothing about car).
 
Last edited:

sinstr

Well-Known Member
Messages
196
Location
south fla
There are a few of us down here. A few more in central Fla. We try and get together and wheel when we can. I may try and head out this weekend (Everglades), if I do ill post it up. Waiting to see who is available.

You will have to join us some time.
 

davidh3

Well-Known Member
Messages
334
Location
N/A
There are a few of us down here. A few more in central Fla. We try and get together and wheel when we can. I may try and head out this weekend (Everglades), if I do ill post it up. Waiting to see who is available.

You will have to join us some time.

yeah! id like to join you guys!!! I like extremes. I dont care if i damage my car by trying difficult trails.:)
 

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Messages
10,671
Location
Scottsdale
in my 09 H3 Owner's Manual :

Scheduled Maintenance:Maintenance I, Maintenance II (I can't find relavent mileage numbers)
Additional Required Services:
25,000 50,000 75,000 100,000 125,000 150,000 miles

I can't find "30,000 miles service" in the manuel
Exactly - because it doesn't exist and the dealer is trying to add stuff you may not need. Or he's at least misrepresenting why you need it.
 

JGBB04

Well-Known Member
Messages
520
Location
Tampa Bay
in my 09 H3 Owner's Manual :

Scheduled Maintenance:Maintenance I, Maintenance II (I can't find relavent mileage numbers)
Additional Required Services:
25,000 50,000 75,000 100,000 125,000 150,000 miles

I can't find "30,000 miles service" in the manuel

DING DING DING you won, all you have to do is whats listed there. it doesn't matter where or who does it so long as you can show the required maintence was done. now if you wheel it or tow alot you should do some those things sooner but they don't need to be done by a dealership. you can do it yourself & not void any warranty so long as you can prove it was done. That's why my buddy's shop does all of mine, if any questions come up it's a quick call to him & all my records can be emailed or faxed.
 
Top