• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Any interest in an H40 Arkansas event?

Hunner

Yeah, someday.
It just seems like everytime there is a Black Sheep meet I got something else going on. I guess staying busy is good.

If I come out there it will be on short notice as things fall into place.

I want to explore a lot more of the good old US while I can.

CaseyS

Where is the hangout spot Saturday night? I'll be driving up later in the day and likely not hit trail until Sunday. I haven't booked a room yet, but I'll likely be at the candlewood suites, because I can get a comp room for free with my holiday inn points.

I should have tires waiting on my doorstep as soon as I get home so I have to go get them mounted. Hopefully I don't cut them up too bad this weekend.

Ghostbuster

Where is the hangout spot Saturday night? I'll be driving up later in the day and likely not hit trail until Sunday. I haven't booked a room yet, but I'll likely be at the candlewood suites, because I can get a comp room for free with my holiday inn points.

I should have tires waiting on my doorstep as soon as I get home so I have to go get them mounted. Hopefully I don't cut them up too bad this weekend.
The event is off until further notice, due to the lack of people that can attend on the original date.

Hunner

The event is off until further notice, due to the lack of people that can attend on the original date.

Are you sure about that?
Sounds like Michael72 and CaseyS are planning on coming.

I can be there if they are coming. 3 is a great sized group and can move along nicely.

Hunner

If you drive "Hunner Hummer Style" and don't spin the tires much you probably will not get much damage.
Let me know for sure if you are coming.

If this happens I will be there to guide some but Saturday night I will head for my boat on Ouachita.
Sunday and Monday may be a sailing days for me. Just depends.

MichaelEd72

TAPDH3T
Zachcrum
Derian06 if he's not loaded with school work
Steve#1
All posted interest in the event. Including Hunner and myself.
Im hitting the trails sun morning so i can get the most outta the day. Plan on being in hotsprings sat about lunchtime. Got a yurt(oyeah) reserved.
Friend me on Facebook if yall like and get my number. Can iron out meet up sat and or sun.

CaseyS

I'm confirmed but not leaving Shreveport until about 2pm saturday. Full day on the trail Sunday. Can we get a group text together of everyone that is in so we can have better real time comunication. ID yourself when you join in. three three seven 319 nine eight one four

Hunner

Well my eyes are still gritty but I got time to slap up some pictures.

This DID happen.
We had 3 H3's, an I-5, My Alpha and a 4BT Cummins and Casey's sons as consultants.
(Michael's 3 Daughters'), team, were in a GMC pickup.

I thought I saw some texting going on but there was limited coverage.

By the way, the one driving did remarkably well with that long wheel base!
She reminded us she was the ONLY female driver.

I may have gotten two nicknames, Mr. Skid Plate, after I rolled over a rock that Michael said he then moved out of the way so he could get by and he called me Spider Man when I (pat self on back) used my lockers to climb up that level four or more on a three rated trail really rough section when it came to him afterwards, what my advantage was.
(Mostly luck)

Great group, we had a blast and hope to meet up again.
We all survived!!

Sure, there were some exciting moments!

And of course the first ever sound of an H3 with a Cummins 4bt diesel offroad that I know of.
https://vimeo.com/106766973

Last edited:

CaseyS

Quote of the day from that pic where I'm in a not too favorable side slope condition. When I felt the body roll I grabbed the brakes and stayed put until someone could spot and tell me the best course of action. Hunner and the group come at a pretty brisk pace down the hill to keep me out of trouble

Me: Hunner, what do you think?
Hunner: You need more weight on your drivers side!

cbetts

NERD!!!
Quote of the day from that pic where I'm in a not too favorable side slope condition. When I felt the body roll I grabbed the brakes and stayed put until someone could spot and tell me the best course of action. Hunner and the group come at a pretty brisk pace down the hill to keep me out of trouble

Me: Hunner, what do you think?
Hunner: You need more weight on your drivers side!

Yep, being off-camber is not a natural felling but you will get used to it as you push yourself into more difficult terains. I have had my truck in some interesting positions over the years. Haven't lost bladder control yet!
img-49.jpg

This is why you don't go wheeling alone!

Hunner

Actually there was one more image where Michaels' wife was concerned and as we made our way down the mountain I managed to scrape a knee but saved the camera!
She said she would pretend she did not see that. lol

As I made my way down there I was thinking how many snatch blocks it would take to get the right angle and if I had enough cable.
I don't think trying to drive DOWN there would have been a good option.
We could have ended up in a pile at the bottom.

It took Michael and I both to get the front wheel down so it could get some traction.
Good recovery driving.

We all took a breath of relief after it was over.
Another example of willing people and team work.

Last edited: