• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

BFG,s AT KO3

08H3

I don't have direct experience with the KO3, but I have had KM2 and KM3s. The KM3s are such a well engineered tire, if you ever plan on offroading at all, I don't really see the point of even considering the KO3. I'd just go straight to the KM3. Just my opinion.

650Hawk

I don't have direct experience with the KO3, but I have had KM2 and KM3s. The KM3s are such a well engineered tire, if you ever plan on offroading at all, I don't really see the point of even considering the KO3. I'd just go straight to the KM3. Just my opinion.
The point would be that the KM is gonna be louder, and wear faster, than the KO. Unless you spend very little time on pavement, the KM is a waste of money, IMO.

08H3

Compared to the KO, I agree. I can say the KM is quieter and last longer than a lot of other AT tires I've had over the years. I guess my point is, you're not giving up much by going the KM route.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
For me, longetivity was not a concern in either. Going off road in the rocks I would chunk them up badly enough that I'd always replace well before the tread wore down. Another off road consideration is sidewall strength - I had several sidewall punctures with earlier KOs (3 out of 5 tires on one set over the course of a year or two), but none with KMs. And, from what I hear, KOs are better in snow than KMs, but in my limited snow experience with KMs I didn't have any issues navigating several inches of snow in Flagstaff while having good control on the streets.

But if I were 90% street, and I was concerned with mileage, I'd likely go with KOs.

JPaul

General Grabber X3. Not sure how many miles I have on them exactly, but have had them on a few years now and they're still wearing great. Great on and off road, and haven't had much issue with them in our northern Utah winters.

Happy Hummer

I'd say interco super swampers. I had them and spanked em lol. Then sold em and went back to A/T. The were on my 06 TJ.

Exodus

stay away from Ruyan brand,, 15k and i have cracking 2inches in on both sides of tread side,, all the way around and all 4 tires
now i gotta fight with manu to get something back or replaced

Nikal

70k+ miles on our Cooper AT3-XLTs with ~1/8" still remaining above the wear bars... and they've gotten us down all the trails, snow, & mud we've wanted.
Got the same tire on my H3. But since I don’t drive it often, they have maybe 3-4K miles on them?

I do wish the tread lugs were a bit more spaced out, as they have a tendency to hold small stones in the tread. Everything I’ve read said after 20K or so miles that stops happening as you have warm down the tread just enough to open the tread gaps in those tighter areas. But the flip did the tighter tread lugs make for a smoother & quieter ride.