• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Frustrated Air Suspension System Acting Up

BadgerH2

Member
Messages
16
Location
Kingston ON CA

I have a 2003 H2 and the rear left side has drooped about an inch. I think it's the left side air ride system leveling sensor that may be out however it was replaced a year ago when an air bag blew up and took out some parts. I noticed that the suspension doesn't always look off. I was sitting at my favorite junk food store looking out the window and noticed the left side was lower by about an inch. Then I got home and it was still that way.... This morning I looked at it again and It wasn't bad at all. Without going through a life story, my H2 was taken to 3 garages a year while they tried to figure out how to fix the air suspension system and finally a neighbour looked the work and had it fixed through his contacts. I just wonder what else they did wrong.
Is there an adjustment that has to be done on the leveling system? I was told there is a special tool to do the job anyone know? :whaa:

 

Zach

Mall Crawler
Messages
4,812
Location
So Cal
There is a recalibration a GM dealer can do using the tech 2. Replacing the sensor without doing the procedure could throw it off. I had mine recalibrated so it sits a little higher in the rear
 
R

REDSKINSFAN

Guest
best thing I did to my 03 h2 was taking out the air suspension, had reaccuring problems with it and finally said "f" it. now i have a regular suspension system and the truck drives even better than before. cheap too, i got the shocks off the internet and installed them myself
 

BadgerH2

Member
Messages
16
Location
Kingston ON CA
Thanks Zach I'll certainly get that done, makes sense, I'm thinking that the reason this has come to light is because when I replaced the bags at a garage in Kingston and then had the procedure of calibration done at another garage in Ottawa because the first garage didn't have the calibration tool. Then the bags were blown up and not properly seated. So I took it to the Kingston garage just to have the bags seated properly....... The original calibration was on but with the bags incorrectly positioned they were off, and that my friend is what is giving me the air suspension error(warning). It all makes sense now. There is one to keep in the back of you head for future reference.... Thanks I'll get it calibrated before I do anything else..... Thanks!
 
Top