• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H1: Chicago Edition

Kurt

For those of you living in Chicago (and other select cities too), here's an H1 that might be up your alley...

I always wondered how .. well in general the doghouse/engine cover is treated in these and up armored hmmwv builds. Seems like the standard spec is to line armor panels on the exterior [hmmwv] and along the interior [h1] around the body tub, pillar surrounds, drivetrain tunnel etc. Seems like the engine access cover is a weak point in theory, so I wonder if it's just as simple as a metal shell that covers the fiberglass/composite engine cover.

USMC_315

I always wondered how .. well in general the doghouse/engine cover is treated in these and up armored hmmwv builds. Seems like the standard spec is to line armor panels on the exterior [hmmwv] and along the interior [h1] around the body tub, pillar surrounds, drivetrain tunnel etc. Seems like the engine access cover is a weak point in theory, so I wonder if it's just as simple as a metal shell that covers the fiberglass/composite engine cover.

Yeah, from what I recall the up-armored humvees didn't have anything special for the doghouse or firewall. However, I wasn't a driver or mechanic so I could be completely off. A weak point, but considering the hmmwv was never meant to be armored, I think it did/does okay for small arms fire. The thing I find most interesting is that this H1 is able to retain the factory door card