• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Live reveal

High Five H2

Did anyone else catch it?

It looks pretty cool but otherwise it wasn't anything unpredictable. Or that I could afford anyways :giggle: It's also the first EV that I would ever consider buying... if I had 80-112K to burn.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
The Green New Deal ain't cheap! Save your sheckles.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Carry a Honda 2000 generator and a fuel gallons of gas in the bed and this electric beast includes it own charging station.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Imagine blowing the doors off the Prius drivers but what could they bitch about then about people who drive a HUMMER?

Last edited:

High Five H2

Imagine blowing the doors off the Prius drivers but what could they bitch about then about people who drive a HUMMER?

Are hummer EVs MORE efficient than a Prius??? Imagine cramming that thing into a “green vehicles only” parking spot at Whole Foods.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Are hummer EVs MORE efficient than a Prius??? Imagine cramming that thing into a “green vehicles only” parking spot at Whole Foods.
LOL. For a 1000 hp who cares about efficiency. It's still green and everything green costs money.[emoji848][emoji1787] I see one in my future. If I'm going to spend 100k+ on on offroad vehicle, why not this one over ones that still are based on technology from the 20th century - I won't name names.

High Five H2

LOL. For a 1000 hp who cares about efficiency. It's still green and everything green costs money.[emoji848][emoji1787] I see one in my future. If I'm going to spend 100k+ on on offroad vehicle, why not this one over ones that still are based on technology from the 20th century - I won't name names.

For real. For that kind of power it could run on spotted owl feathers for all I care.

Also, this is kind of out of left field, but did anyone notice all the Easter eggs about traveling to the moon? I think it was on the engineering explained video. Totally random.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wife loved it, still doesn't really trip my trigger. Having had an order in for a 2020 Corvette since August of 2019 and seeing the roll out issues, production issues, parts supply issues, software issues and new model first years oopsies I think you are better off buying a year two EV Hummer if you are interested. Looks like they will deliver my new Corvette in December. That is only a 16 month wait for a car that will be delivered outside its model year.

Traxx

I would never spend that kind of money on any vehicle. They are planning 4-5 years out and will be lucky if this makes it past year two at that price.

650Hawk

Pretty impressive specs; 4-wheel steering AND crab walk (although I'm really not sure where the latter would ever really be needed; kind of a cool "Hey, check this out" gimmick, though), awesome HP and torque, front & rear lockers (real and/or simulated), 8" worth of adjustable ride height (6" up, 2" down), 18 cameras (including 2 underneath, with washers), good range, quick charge (with an 800V charger anyway :whaa:), full undercarriage protection, rock sliders, open air roof, impressive styling (imo)...

I had 2 fears with this truck; 1 that it would fall short of the off-road capabilities that a Hummer NEEDS to wear the name, and 2 that it's styling would be so new that it wouldn't actually "look" like a Hummer. I'm happy that they actually seemed to accomplish both, making sure that it was extremely capable off-road, and that it unmistakably looks like a Hummer (although it needs some hood vents!), just updated.

Definitely pricey though, and the decision to ONLY offer the most expensive, high-end model during the first year is also a gamble. Hope it pays off.

Last edited:

High Five H2

Pretty impressive specs; 4-wheel steering AND crab walk (although I'm really not sure where the latter would ever really be needed; kind of a cool "Hey, check this out" gimmick, though), awesome HP and torque, front & rear lockers (real and/or simulated), 8" worth of adjustable ride height (6" up, 2" down), 18 cameras (including 2 underneath, with washers), good range, quick charge (with an 800V charger anyway :whaa:), open air roof, impressive styling (imo)...

I had 2 fears with this truck; 1 that it would fall short of the off-road capabilities that a Hummer NEEDS to wear the name, and 2 that it's styling would be so new that it wouldn't actually "look" like a Hummer. I'm happy that they actually seemed to accomplish both, making sure that it was extremely capable off-road, and that it unmistakably looks like a Hummer (although it needs some hood vents!), just updated.

Definitely pricey though, and the decision to ONLY offer the most expensive, high-end model during the first year is also a gamble. Hope it pays off.

Hood vents and a backwards opening hood :giggle:

Of course I wanted something with solid axles, but that won't happen. But I'm wondering if the way the electric motors are set up means the longer CV shafts will be able to articulate more. I think I read somewhere they had 13 in of travel. It's not coilovers and solid axles level of travel, but that's not bad. It may be more than any other hummer yet.

Also I found out the moon theme. GM was involved in the moon landing and it was 50 years ago last year. Neat.

Last edited:

Jeepwalker

Styling is ok, but looks a lot like an Avalanche (which I've never really liked). I'm sure there'll be different styles (SUV/Truck, etc). $70k is a lot, but maybe there'll be an incentive by then. Range-wise the higher capacity unit is about what My h3 is. Guess we'll have to see how they look when they hit the dealer showroom.

Best4x4

It's in fully loaded Land Rover Defender 110 territory, but it's a sexy looking thing! I still saw the H3T body/look to it, and I liked the terrain looking graphics etched into the plastic. Looks like they're stepping up their game for sure, but I'll stick with my old Land Rover's for now.

Just happy to see Hummer back in the game. I have always told people the H3 was a great vehicle, but I really never had anyone agree with me. I still miss my 07 Adventure with the Black/Red interior and my 08 Alpha with the 5.3L.

Jeepwalker

Just happy to see Hummer back in the game. I have always told people the H3 was a great vehicle, but I really never had anyone agree with me.

Oh, I DEFINITELY agree with you!! Ha ha...

And that older Land Rovers are great rigs too!! (I guess I left '98 Disco off my list of vehicles)

Last edited: