• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Nobody has any new guns?

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is a reason why they have sold 40 million of them. :) They say that 10% of the firearms in America are AR-15s. By comparison there are some 24 million AK variants in the US.

Last edited:

LagunaH1

I settled on a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x illuminated optic. It was very reasonably priced and in stock. I get to bring the rifle home on Wednesday.

MilamJR

Got to shoot the new rifle today. I now see why AR style rifles are so popular. It was very easy and comfortable to shoot. -Gotta figure out something for optics though
I would suggest looking at a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8. Well made and price is reasonable. Effective as a red dot up close or out to 600 yards.

LagunaH1

I would suggest looking at a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8. Well made and price is reasonable. Effective as a red dot up close or out to 600 yards.
I got the 1-6 strike eagle. Good scope. I do, however need to get a thing from scopeaid.com for both this scope and the one I have on my Browning 6.5 CM bolt action rifle.

MilamJR

You can definitely spend a lot more money to get a little better performance but I think that same money is better spent somewhere else. Now that the 1-8 is only $100 more that is why I got it instead of the 1-6 I was originally looking at.

LagunaH1

This trip was also, coincidentally, the first time I shot my 1911 and CZ 75 compact back to back. I was pretty surprised by how much smoother the 1911 is in terms of recoil. I know, comparing apples to oranges.

MilamJR

I got the 1-6 strike eagle. Good scope. I do, however need to get a thing from scopeaid.com for both this scope and the one I have on my Browning 6.5 CM bolt action rifle.
Looked at the scopeaid.com website. Looks like a good product for those who wear glasses.

LagunaH1

I fear scopeaid.com may have gone out of business. It's not possible to place orders and they have been unresponsive to emails and voicemails. Keeping my fingers crossed.