• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Not off road related, but just purchase a 2015 Suburban for the family..

Big2dabank

Just purchased a new 2015 Chevy Suburban LTZ for the family. So far I love it, GM hit a home run in my book with the latest changes to this platform. This will be my wife's primary car and I have only been able to drive it for about 20 miles but man this thing is nice. I'll post a few pictures soon, but its a Tungsten Metallic LTZ with the Cocoa/Mahogany Interior. These are stock images, but its basically the same vehicle pictured below.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2015_Chevrolet_Suburban.png.jpg
    2015_Chevrolet_Suburban.png.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,350
  • 2015_Chevrolet_Suburban.png-2.jpg
    2015_Chevrolet_Suburban.png-2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 3,360
  • 2015_Chevrolet_Suburban.png-3.jpg
    2015_Chevrolet_Suburban.png-3.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 1,551

skeptic

I was looking at the 2015 'burb's slightly shorter Tahoe brother. I really like everything about them other than the exterior looks. The body lines may grow on me later, but over-all those are really nice. More expensive than I'm willing to pay, but if the rumored hard core off-road version ever becomes a reality I would have no second thoughts on picking up a used one.

Big2dabank

I was unsure about the body style also, but preferred the look of the Chevy over the GMC. The GMC equivalent Yukon XL was actually less impressive on the interior, mainly due to the fact that they would prefer you to upgrade to the Denali XL, which is way overpriced. Other than the significantly overpriced Escalade ESV, there are no other large family SUVs with decent towing and cargo space on the market. I do not like the Expedition XL or the Navigator XL.

We went through Truecar.com to establish our baseline vehicle and options and it was amazing at how quickly the dealers around me were competing with each other for our business, most of the offers were just above invoice. However, in the end, I used the fact that all of these dealers were competing for my business and I negotiated with my local dealer and we beat the Truecar.com price by just over $1,000, which ended up being about $300 below invoice, took a total of 15 mins to negotiate the price. One of the easiest purchases I have made in a long time. Expensive, but easy.

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Anyone else notice the headlights are looking like a ford pickup style more and more?

Sent from inside the cardboard box in the alley behind your house.

The headlights are the one thing that totally ruins it for me. We have a 2011 version and have no plans to trade it for this new version. Shame because they are beautiful inside.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Big2dabank

I tried hard to convince my wife to go for a used 2013 or 2014 model, but she was not having it after she saw the interior of the new body style, fold flat seats, my link infotainment system, etc, etc... I have to admit, I was hooked after that as well.

Big2dabank

The 2015 started showing up on dealer lots about two months ago, but were very limited availability. There is still fairly limited stock at dealerships and it is very difficult to find color/options right now. We were lucky our local dealership had the truck we wanted on the lot and did not have to horse trade with another dealer to get one.

f5moab

Mr. Beretta

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Congrats, big2 -- those are sweet, sweet rides.

GM made huge strides with the interior in these and made subtle, unoffensive changes on the outside. Smart play. They're handsome vehicles. I really like your interior color choice. My dream 08+ H2 has that beautiful Sedona interior.

I like my Chevy Suburban as well, that was my original zombie apocalypse mobile, till I got the H2, though it has a bit to much chrome on it, but my girl likes that on it. Of course I did install a snorkel unit on it, so it looks meaner and some Nitto Grapplers for better grip, along with a push bumper and lots of off road lights, emergency fire department lights and sirens.

Zach

Mall Crawler
First one I saw off the carrier looked like a Highlander on steroids. First impression, really liking the change now. Interior has a lot of upgrades. Best part third row seats are bolted in. There goes stealing them. Nice ride!

Big2dabank

My family will definitely be one of the many who will always need a large SUV. I have three kids (13,9, and 4), my nine and 4 year old boys have special needs, so we travel with a lot of stuff and a small SUV or minivan does not cut it. We had a GMC acadia for the last 6 years and it was ok, but it was cramped inside on long trips and towing was virtually non existant on the acadia. The navigation system crapped out, the DVD entertainment system crapped out, and it was having some other issues, so it was time to dump it. Not really a comparison, but for us, this new suburban beats the pants off of the acadia across the board, MPG to weight ratio, cargo room, towing, etc.. and we are averaging 15 mpg so far and thats with no real highway miles yet. We thought we would get great mileage out of the acadia on trips, but the truth is, these small suv's get terrible fuel mileage when they are loaded down. We were averaging 15.7 mpg on the acadia and never could get decent mileage on trips because we were loaded down. We payed close to $50k (stupid price) for that damn acadia 6 years ago (only worth $15 at trade :no:) and this suburban was $61K. I know the additional 11k is a lot of money, but I am comfortable with the additional cost, considering what we gained in fit, function, and finish.

Big2dabank

This one will stay pretty much as-is, however, I did get the infotainment system to recognize a 64GB SDXC card that I ripped 30 HD movies to and it plays them like a charm with awesome quality and sound. Each kid can watch a different movie from the media card at the same time on the two overhead screens. No need to tote dvd or blue ray discs around.

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
It needs tow mirrors. My first car was my dad's old suburban. I didn't much to it but I did put tow mirrors on it and it looked bad a$$

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

4speedfunk

I want the "fleet" version. White. 4x4. No 3rd row. Rubber floor mat. Cloth. Heavy duty everything. No sunroof. No radio. No goofy electronic features. Basically...a paramedic / fire truck.

No 2500's in 2015 right? Still no Duramax, right? Still no Allison right? Still nobody home at GM.

Sorry. Still no sale!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
I want the "fleet" version. White. 4x4. No 3rd row. Rubber floor mat. Cloth. Heavy duty everything. No sunroof. No radio. No goofy electronic features. Basically...a paramedic / fire truck.

No 2500's in 2015 right? Still no Duramax, right? Still no Allison right? Still nobody home at GM.

Sorry. Still no sale!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The silverados have the 2500/3500 version with the allison and duramax. At least it's advertised on tv.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

4speedfunk

Yeah thats exactly my point. Its been over 15 years since GM cancelled the diesel Suburban...much to the disappointment of the trailer & RV crowd. Despite a die-hard Suburban community asking for a diesel...and a growing number of owners converting their Suburbans to diesels...GM still refuses to offer the vehicle that the public wants! By dropping the 2500 rating...they have essentially turned the new Burban into nothing more than a $65,000 AWD station wagon. There is no "truck" left in it at this point....all soft and fluffy. Nice for grocery duty...but a sad end to a once great (truck) platform. Way to go guys! Its good to know I can continue to count on GM to consistently do the wrong thing.