• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 Oh Great, random front end clunk

Lauren

Hey guys!
I just want to bump this thread instead of creating a new one :)

I have the exact same issue, random rotating clicking, cracking, popping noises from the front end when I'm driving slowly or turning..

I knew that my CV Axles had died though and front hubs needed replacing, so after driving around for a month scaring people with random loud clicking and cracking, I was super excited when my parts finally arrived (AC Delco Axles and Timken Hubs)

Had them replaced, told the guys to check everything while they're under there, they said she's perfect .....
one day later AND SHE IS STILL DOING IT! :gaah:

I thought I'd give her sometime, maybe it needed to settle or whatever but still no change after a week..

After reading through this thread for ideas, I've looked everywhere and can't find any random grease being launched anywhere, the Upper Arms were replaced about 3 months ago, AC Delco.. still checked them though and they're good.... :(

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Last edited:

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Check tightness on everything, from sway bar links to sway bar bushings to shocks to upper control arms. How do the lower control arm bushings look? Is the steering rack bushing intact? If you need to, get under there with a flashlight and camera and send us pics of these things.

Lauren

Check tightness on everything, from sway bar links to sway bar bushings to shocks to upper control arms. How do the lower control arm bushings look? Is the steering rack bushing intact? If you need to, get under there with a flashlight and camera and send us pics of these things.

Lower control arms still look good.. as for everything else, that was checked by the mechanic :roll:

I'll try to investigate again!