• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Rear window won't roll down

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
Messages
1,545
Location
El Centro, Mehico (Way So Cal)
I drive an '07 H2 SUV and this has been a minor annoyance that I've ignored since we bought the truck---the rear window won't roll down.
I don't know if there's supposed to be a separate switch like the windows have, or if it's contained in the "all down" button?
Any body have any experience with this? I've driven a few SUT's and the way I got that back window down was the "all down" switch. I don't think it should be much different on the SUV's?
 

HUMMERDAD

Well-Known Member
Messages
141
Location
GraysLake IL
The rear door your refiering too has a fixed window that does not roll down. The SUT modle was set up like the chevy avaianche so the rear window and wall fold down to allow more cargo room. Thought my 04 did at first too I used to own an 88 suburan that did and upon futher inspaection I noticed their is no mechinal parts back there like the burb had. Would have been a nice feature too..
 

Scarsman

Sponsor
Messages
1,561
Location
Monroe, WA
I'm confused. Are you talking about one of the rear doors? Because they have their own switches. But you say the rear widow, which leads me to think you mean the one in the rear hatch door. If this is the case, unless they changed something after '05, it does not roll down. On my truck the rear window is just a flat pane that is glued to the truck, just like rear side windows. It would be kinda cool though, if it went down. I'm sure the dog would love that!
 

Zach

Mall Crawler
Messages
4,812
Location
So Cal
That is an extremely rare option for the SUV. It has it's own seperate switch to control the rear window. The switch is located on the driver's side of the dash next to the outer vent. My 05 has this option and only think it was available only with Olympic White exterior color. I could be wrong though. My switch hasn't worked in quite some time though. For some reason it isn't getting power to it. I took the time to take a picture of it for you Twinmill. Sorry for the poor quality, but with the flash on it looked worse
2ce6af6e.jpg

:whaa: :mock: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :no:
 

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
Messages
1,545
Location
El Centro, Mehico (Way So Cal)
I got it!!

Thanks to Zach's in-depth knowledge and ownership of the Olympic White H2, I was finally able to solve the mystery and the rear window works like a champ!

When I bought the deuce, the shady guy who sold it to me stated it served in "Presidential Service" and to never touch the red button on the dash.
As tempting as it was, I've never touched it, not even to Armor All. With the letters "R W" boldly emblazoned on the button center, I was under the impression it meant "Russian Warheads", as any true blooded American who's watched "War Games" (the BEST and most realistic movie ever to show how close to war America is at any given time) would know. I was NOT going to be the one responsible for starting WWIII !!!
Turns out "R W" simply means rear window, and I'm thinking there was a model year variation from Zach's truck to mine.
Awesome! Thanks Zach!

Photo_410A0AF3-7614-1CDA-BB4D-10F0602DFE28.jpg


Photo_40C6C177-66F8-AAAE-F691-A6B93704E644.jpg
 

Zach

Mall Crawler
Messages
4,812
Location
So Cal
You know, these long distance relationships are tough. All I'm going to say about that.

As far as the Russian Warhead button, it does exist. Obviously you haven't run with Serge or seen Hamster up close and personal.
 

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
Messages
1,545
Location
El Centro, Mehico (Way So Cal)
You mean I coulda killt myself or started a war??!!

This thread got off a different direction than I'd anticipated--I was initially airing out my gripe about the far back window not rolling down. Obviously HUMMER had the technology as they used it in the SUT's, I don't think it would have been that hard to do the same with the SUV's. I started wondering about this way back when I had the 3 and it resurfaces every once in awhile.
Back in the few days when we had Mr. Richards attention to ask questions, this is one I'd like to know about. It couldn't be a cost cutting measure, obviously brand new H2 buyers weren't obsessed with cost.
Also, maybe I've been driving my mini-van too much, but as a consolation to not getting a movable back window, I have to wonder why 2's n' 3's didn't get powered opening side windows--that's another awesome way to get some air inside the truck.
 

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
Well Alex, you're the man---whadda ya say to creating a new spot in the forum "Zach n' Twin's Place"?

:thumbs:

Alex, I would whole-heartedly support Twin's idea...but would suggest calling it "Twin n' Zach's Place"...just sayin... but why does Zack always get to go first? :giggle:
 
Last edited:

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
Sorry, my post above didn't come out the way I meant it...so it's been reworded. After I re-read it, I realized that it as wrong...way wrong - so it's been sanatized! :emb:
 

Zach

Mall Crawler
Messages
4,812
Location
So Cal
Zach I have same bushing problem front differential I have a2003 h2 hummer though they discontinued part

From what I can tell, I think the bushing from a 05 would work. Can get the part number tomorrow. Forgot the number of the top of my head.
 
Top