• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Rubber front differential outboard bushings

adventuredad

So what are the available options for front differential outboard bushings? I just changed out the crossmember bushing with an OEM and the other 2 could use some attention as well. I've looked at the Jeeperf, Outfitter Designs, Siberian but do we have an OEM/rubber replacement? I don't plan on pulling the whole front end apart right now to replace the entire bracket and it seems feasible to replace just the bushing.
Upgraded bushings will be on the list when I get to doing the rest of the front end

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
The challenge in replacing just the bushing is getting the old one out when it's still on the vehicle. In most cases, that's not an easy task.

08H3

I used the OD bushings. Great product. As far as replacing them, remove the diff to do it. That part is not terribly difficult and will save you a lot of frustration.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I used the OD bushings. Great product. As far as replacing them, remove the diff to do it. That part is not terribly difficult and will save you a lot of frustration.
I'm curious, why would you pull the diff? Once you pull the axles you just need to remove the four bolts holding each bracket in place and then you can work on the brackets on a work bench. I agree pulling the diff isn't difficult but it takes significantly more work than just removing the brackets.

adventuredad

Well the it looks like it’ll be a set of OD bushings in my future. The original bushings seem ok for now so I guess it’s time to start stashing new axles and hubs to just do it all at the same time as the bushings. If you’ve gotta pull so much out to get to the bushings it’s worth taking care of all of it huh? Any other recommendations on things to be prepared to swap while I’m in there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Steering rack bracket. And for that it's easier to at least move the diff back about an inch by removing the tree mounting bolts.

Also take a look at your upper and lower control arm bushings to make sure they are in good shape.