• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Starting to see more and more in Orange County

Kurt

I'm on a few Hummer EV groups here and there and noticing availability is a bit better to the point where most dealers are pushing to sell without markup. It shouldn't be that hard to get a truck at MSRP now.

I had a chance to check out the Truck and the new SUV's at Tustin Hummer, who had 3 the other day. I really like the SUV, but the only ones right now are the Green Edition-1 versions.

I had a reservation for a mid-range SUV with the off-road package [and hopefully a plain steel roof, I got no interest in the T-roof], but that's going to be a while since GM is focusing production on the max spec models first.

Now I'm starting to see the Trucks in the wild almost daily in south OC.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Ive seen zero Hummer EV's in Idaho. Dont really see much Tesla's either. I am starting to see a ton of Rivian's though. It is truck country so it kinda makes sense.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I see a fair amount of Hummer EVs around Phoenix, though that means one to two per week. Rivians are popular here and it's almost daily seeing them - maybe multiple times each day if I include the Amazon Rivian vans. :)

As for Teslas, I see dozens each day; it's easy to have five or six around you at a stop light. Lucids are about one per week, but slowly increasing. Tons of Hyundai electric cars. Which brings me to a funny story. I was driving back from Montana on Thanksgiving night and I stop at a rest area near the Idaho state line. The roads were quiet, of course, and so was the rest area. A young guy comes up and asks if I could help them. Their Hyundai Ioniq was running out of charge and it was one more exit up the highway (10 miles) to the chargers. (This exit had Tesla chargers, but Hyundais can't use those.) I backtracked with them, following them north as a bit of a safety measure in case their car didn't make it especially as it was cold and snowy outside.) They did make it but it shows many parts of the country are not really ready to support electric cars.

Korby7

I have seen a couple in the wild in Utah.
We have 62 EV chargers at my work and my experience has been about the same as Alex. Teslas for days followed by Hyundais and Kia’s, a few Rivians, a couple F150 Lightning’s, Polestars, BMWs, a Volvo, and 1 Jeep but no Hummers at work yet.

Kurt

Rivians [trucks, suv's and delivery trucks] all over here, my office is across the street from Rivian HQ, there's a brew pub near work and there are always 10 or so Rivians lined up there so I'm assuming it's a drinking hole for the engineers/staff.

I canceled my cybertruck reservation a few months back, I'm finding it odd that Tesla is being weird about direct comparisons to the Hummer. They omitted it during the tractor pull demo, but were ok with drag racing one at the Austin plant but apparently not using Hummers WTF mode. Drag racing these things, to me at least, seems like a stupid party trick, but that's two influencer videos going around showing The CT beating the Hummer EV but not in WTF mode.

Waiting for the TFL truck guys to get their hands on one for a Colorado towing review and a moab review... :)

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I see a fair amount of Hummer EVs around Phoenix, though that means one to two per week. Rivians are popular here and it's almost daily seeing them - maybe multiple times each day if I include the Amazon Rivian vans. :)

As for Teslas, I see dozens each day; it's easy to have five or six around you at a stop light. Lucids are about one per week, but slowly increasing. Tons of Hyundai electric cars. Which brings me to a funny story. I was driving back from Montana on Thanksgiving night and I stop at a rest area near the Idaho state line. The roads were quiet, of course, and so was the rest area. A young guy comes up and asks if I could help them. Their Hyundai Ioniq was running out of charge and it was one more exit up the highway (10 miles) to the chargers. (This exit had Tesla chargers, but Hyundais can't use those.) I backtracked with them, following them north as a bit of a safety measure in case their car didn't make it especially as it was cold and snowy outside.) They did make it but it shows many parts of the country are not really ready to support electric cars.
THIS. I rented a car from Salt Lake to Boise. They gave me a Hyundai full electric POS. I assume it was the Ioniq your talking about. I didnt know it was 100% EV until I got in the car. Range said 189 miles, so I look at charging stations, the one up and over the grade was like 185 miles away, but I am going up a grade...I won't make it. The farthest one away from the rental car spot excluding the one 185 miles away was 80 miles away. I'd have to stop and charge before the grade when I really didn't need to, then I'd have to stop again because I couldn't get home. It would have added about an hour minimum of me sitting around a charge station like a dumbass.

So, I walked back inside, told them this EV won't work, they gave me an expedition and I made it home on one tank and still had like 1/4 tank to spare.

I don't know why the manufacturers don't consider on board generators. I guess ram just announced that method and its genius. I have been saying on board generation is the answer for years if your deadset on EV, but I am a dumbass in a garage, not an engineer working for these companies or the lawmakers making the policies.

Having a 100% EV Propelled vehicle with a small 1.0L engine that is designed to be really efficient at the single operating RPM it operates at to charge the batteries while driving is the answer in opinion. I bet your range would be like 600 miles to a tank (for the generator) Sure, the hippies don't think they are saving the world then because it still has a gas/diesel generator but if they did research, they would realize they aren't saving the world in the first place.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Rivians [trucks, suv's and delivery trucks] all over here, my office is across the street from Rivian HQ, there's a brew pub near work and there are always 10 or so Rivians lined up there so I'm assuming it's a drinking hole for the engineers/staff.

I canceled my cybertruck reservation a few months back, I'm finding it odd that Tesla is being weird about direct comparisons to the Hummer. They omitted it during the tractor pull demo, but were ok with drag racing one at the Austin plant but apparently not using Hummers WTF mode. Drag racing these things, to me at least, seems like a stupid party trick, but that's two influencer videos going around showing The CT beating the Hummer EV but not in WTF mode.

Waiting for the TFL truck guys to get their hands on one for a Colorado towing review and a moab review... :)
Yeah, I dont care what they can do for 1/4 mile or a sled pull that is 400 ft. I want to see it go up the ike gauntlet 3 times without needing a charge ASAP.