• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Bebe's Hollywood Half/Tube Doors

jakesz28

The thing that I have always liked about the looks of the h3 is the height of the door and the narrow gun slut window opening. That is until you try to look out the door and place the drivers tire on an obstacle without a spotter.
Bebe with the increased opening can you look out the opening and spot the tire better?

bebe

Done

IMG_5619.jpg

IMG_5620.jpg

IMG_5622.jpg

IMG_5623.jpg

MTUH3

Working in the rear fender is what makes these look great. When you take the doors off, or go to tube doors, it just looks like something is missing. This fixes those problems

bebe

I found a builder - who want a set? And who wants just front or both front and rear? Skins or no skins etc.

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Front and Rear with no skins please. That's so awesome you found someone. Thanks so much.

Next step should be a trail tailgate. The combo of all 5 would save so much weight on the truck.

cbetts

NERD!!!
Front and Rear with no skins please. That's so awesome you found someone. Thanks so much.

Next step should be a trail tailgate. The combo of all 5 would save so much weight on the truck.

The rear gate on an H3 has got to be one heavy hunk of metal! I can not envision anyone removing that in their own garage very easily.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I found a builder - who want a set? And who wants just front or both front and rear? Skins or no skins etc.

How much are they? Im in for a set. I dont have the skill yet to make a set that I like. Id take front and rear no skins.

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
I want mine skinned and with windows, O wait I already have those!

I think you might get a lot of dust in the back with the tailgate removed and where do you put the spare?

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I wish I said something earlier...I had the idea of removing the back door a few months ago, but im sure you thought of it years ago lol. I was thinking of adding plastic windows like the heeps...snap on in case of bad weather

bebe

I wish I said something earlier...I had the idea of removing the back door a few months ago, but im sure you thought of it years ago lol. I was thinking of adding plastic windows like the heeps...snap on in case of bad weather

I did think about it - on and off is more of an issue. The front is so much heavier you almost need the weight in the back for balance.

I also talked about the lexan/plexi window for the rear quarters, they would always be coated in dust around these parts, and a bish to clean/ and not scratch.

Last edited:

bebe

Good point mike. On second thought...I'll just gut some stock doors and cut em off at the sills.

Good luck finding some for less than the tube doors, that's what kept me from spending over $400 per door just for the skins!!!

I will keep looking though for snow wheeling.

Last edited:

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
I also talked about the lexan/plexi window for the rear quarters, they would always be coated in dust around these parts, and a bish to clean/ and not scratch.

There's a a company called Percy's that makes something called SpeedGlass. It's a specially treated polycarbonate that doesn't scratch. I had one in the place of my windshield of my TJ for over 10 years before any sign of wear started to show. I would use the wipers when the windshield was covered in mud and that stuff really worked. Never showed a scratch on it. After ten years of being stored out in direct sunlight it started to show some "spider webbing" but was only noticeable when direct sunlight hit it. I was going to use this stuff before I did the slant back. I still plan to use it for the rear door windows, and maybe the front.

http://www.percysop.com