• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Project Angry Orange

Real4WD

Well folks, it happened again. The inevitable. I bought another Hummer lol. This one will be my daily/camping vehicle since the H3T is basically for preservation at this point.

Introducing "Angry Orange", a Solar Flare Metallic Orange 2008 Hummer H3 Alpha with 90,000 miles on the clock. One owner, originally sold at Lynch Hummer. Jim Lynch sent me some Lynch Hummer license plate bezels and paper tags, of which I will post pictures later.

new front.jpg
new rear left.jpg
new lynch.jpg
new rear right.jpg

Real4WD

Picked up some OEM rock rails (GM#12498471), and OEM brush guard (GM#12498478) and OEM UCPP (GM#12498474) this weekend. These will be getting re-powdercoated in the near future in the factory correct color. Next up will be a body color grille and Hutchinson beadlock wheels.

If anyone has a line on an OEM primered grille (GM#15834195) or Hutchinson beadlock wheels I would appreciate the PM!

rockrails and brush guard.jpg

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Be careful, or you'll be building a 2nd preservation vehicle. Have fun with this one and let it get scratches, fade, etc.

Real4WD

Thanks man. I looked for about 8 months for a solar flare alpha with a locker but apparently they don’t exist lol. So, I settled for this. Its still a very nice rig.

dropped off the UCP at the powder coat place yesterday. Hope to pick it up next week! Will send the rock rails and brush guard next.

H3Hummer

Thanks man. I looked for about 8 months for a solar flare alpha with a locker but apparently they don’t exist lol. So, I settled for this. Its still a very nice rig.

dropped off the UCP at the powder coat place yesterday. Hope to pick it up next week! Will send the rock rails and brush guard next.

That's gonna look great, I've powder coated my wheels in satin black and i love them like that.
So what comes next for mods?

Real4WD

That's gonna look great, I've powder coated my wheels in satin black and i love them like that.
So what comes next for mods?

Thanks all!

Right now the plan is to find some hutchinson beadlock wheels, 35" BFGs, body color grille, CB radio, a hidden winch and if I get bored I may transplant some OE Eaton E lockers/low range transfer case into the Alpha. The lockers depend on money TBH lol.

Real4WD

Installed OEM rock rails and brush guard after getting them back from the powder coat shop. Also installed OEM grille mounted offroad light kit (GM#19159112), OEM "bright" roof rail package (GM#12498492), Hummer trailer hitch cover (GM#88964086) and a Lynch Hummer LP bezel, courtesy of Jim. Should I take the bezel off? I feel like it blocks the LP too much.
new parts.jpg
rock rail.jpg
grille lights off.jpg
grille lights on.jpg
roof rails.jpg
front.jpg
side.jpg
LP bezel.jpg
trailer hitch.jpg

Last edited:

Korby7

Love how it’s coming along. I’d loose the license plate trim to show off that vanity plate better. I can’t tell from the pictures but if you don’t have the lower license plate support piece I’ve got one I’ll send you for the cost of shipping. PM if interested. I’m anxious to see the Hutchinsons on there. I had a set I never got to use before doing a SAS.

Real4WD

Love how it’s coming along. I’d loose the license plate trim to show off that vanity plate better. I can’t tell from the pictures but if you don’t have the lower license plate support piece I’ve got one I’ll send you for the cost of shipping. PM if interested. I’m anxious to see the Hutchinsons on there. I had a set I never got to use before doing a SAS.

Thanks man! The "new" hutchinson wheels I picked up are a little crusty. They need to be sand blasted and powdercoated again. Not sure what color....probably will stick with original. After that's done I have four more 35x75x16" BFG KM3s waiting to mount. If you know of anyone with a single hutchinson for sale or a set they're willing to break, let me know. I am short one for my spare.

wheel.jpg

old.jpg

new.jpg

New tires will be a nice improvement.

Korby7

I see you might be missing some plastic caps on the bead locks. If you need, when I had mine, I was able to source some through OK4WD.

B1CF4805-12A4-4C5A-90C1-D5BFBDA5FF39.jpeg

Real4WD

Installed OEM mud guards (GM#19211878), clay barred, and waxed the paint. Also hit everything from the side mirrors down with WipeNew trim restore. It makes a huge difference in the long term if applied properly. Check out how faded the bumper and fender were before! Yes, yes. I know mud guards are for grandpas....leave me alone lol. I am trying to save my fender paint! Lol

front.jpg
rear.jpg
compare.jpg

Last edited: