I'm somewhere over 200k on mine. I plan on doing a full off-frame restoration starting this year, but I need to get the engine in my daughter's '05 Beetle rebuilt first, and make sure I can get another car so that my twin girls have access to a vehicle by the end of the year. Removing the body...
I'm not in this photo and I don't like it.
I probably won't be in next year's photo either. Haven't been able to do a damn thing on the Alpha this year.
I don't think anyone has ever made ones specific to the H3, you'd need to either modify an existing set or custom fabricate headers. There is not a lot of room for regular out of the box headers.
I have a complete front e-locker I pulled out of my 2008 Alpha. It was removed to swap in an ARB locker to match the rear (since the spider gears blew up in the rear on Metal Masher). It was working fine when I pulled it. It's available for sale if anyone needs it. The rear locker is available...
You're looking at an I5 here, it only uses a pressure switch. The V8 has a pressure sensor, which is mounted in the head.
When I added a gauge to my I5, I removed the pressure switch you see there and added a brass tee to mount the switch and the gauge's pressure sender. Also, only go with an...
So, definitely will not be coming this year. Aside from still not getting a blasted thing done on the Alpha, including the rear license plate light bulb I got pulled over for (that was the excuse anyway), I am also doing a play that has performances right through then. 12 Angry Men. Should be fun.
I use the oil filter pliers to remove oil filters. Any other kind of wrench, be it the strap on or cup type, is honestly iffy at best, or doesn't work at all at worst. You're not needing to worry about damaging the old filter anyway. Installing a filter you should never use a wrench anyway, just...
It's a 2008. Prime candidate for a V8 swap. Put in a reman transmission to make sure that is good: $1600-$1800. Probably nothing wrong with the transfer case or they would have fixed it. Anything else is small potatoes.
Check the caulking over the pinch weld while they are off (you need to remove the plastic trim as well to fully check it). Mine was starting to separate and the sheet metal was beginning to rust underneath. I stripped all the caulking off, cleaned up the metal, and used RV roofing sealant to...
I was perusing parts recently to see if there was anything else I wanted to replace once I put the H3 down for the season for a refresh, when I noticed something peculiar.
It turns out, the GM OEM radiator is listed as having a core thickness of 1.06", which supposedly the majority of...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.