• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

$2 grille mod

benlaud87

Well-Known Member
Messages
849
Location
Maryland
yes the letters were added after line-x.

I used duplicolor chevy red orange engine enamel paint. Seems to be pretty close in color.
 

benlaud87

Well-Known Member
Messages
849
Location
Maryland
I don't think I've bought anything from lowes, home depot, or radio shack in the last year and actually used the product for its intended purpose
 

NGA H3

Member
Messages
15
Location
North Georgia Mountains
Love the way it looks so much I was inspired to try it myself! Did you install it while you had the grill already off? I tried to install mine today but it seems that there are a whole lot of things I will need to remove in order to work behind the grill. (I removed 4 bolts from the very center piece of plastic, then gave up when it did not come out...) By the way, I'm another one who buys things at the hardware store and does not use them "for their intended purpose".
 

benlaud87

Well-Known Member
Messages
849
Location
Maryland
The grill comes off with 4 bolts and two nuts. If its the first time the grill has been removed you will have to pull pretty hard. If your arms are long enough to grab both sides and pull out evenly then do that. I thought I was going to break mine the first time I removed it
 

NGA H3

Member
Messages
15
Location
North Georgia Mountains
benlaud87, thanks for the information. Glad I stopped when I did because the brush guard will have to come off before the grill... I'm short & disabled, so not something I can manage on my own. Darn, I was hoping to add a mod without asking Hubby for help.
 
Top