• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

2009 h2

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Messages
3,035
Location
NC
I'm thinking really hard on a 2009 SUV. 1 owner, 50k miles.

Right now I'm looking at trading my 3T and my SSR for it. I feel like low mile examples in my price range are only getting more and more impossible to find. I'm thinking time may be running out...

Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
 

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Messages
3,035
Location
NC
Chris, regardless of how the deal goes, I am selling the SSR...I had a "YOLO" moment when I bought it and I don't really regret it, but it was not the smartest move, I'll admit.

I really love my 3T, and I know I would miss it to death...but I have always wanted an H2 and especially the '08/'09 considering the upscale interior/rarity.

Unfortunately, to get the H2, I gotta "ditch" both trucks -- otherwise I couldn't (responsibly) afford it. (Who am I kidding, it's a stretch now! :hans:)

It will be bittersweet if it happens...it is looking favorable as of tonight. I should know by tomorrow evening if the deal is a go. Here is a pic for anyone curious...

d5mGJCl.jpg
 

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Messages
3,035
Location
NC
It's the last year of production, had a 6 speed transmission, 6.2 engine, interior "enhancements" (that are not everybody's cup of tea). That's about it, I suppose.
 

Green 1

Matty Patty Pookie Bear
Messages
1,149
Location
Ferris,Texas
You will love any H2. They are the most comfortable offroad truck ever made on or offroad.When I wheeled my H2 at the end of the day I was not worn out and for the mostt part I could hang with the H1's. The H1 is awsome but at the end of the day I am beat. You cannot go wrong with a late model H2. The fuel economy is much better with the 6spd until you add larger tires. With 37's and easy driving you should get about 14. Good luck with your decision.
 

Chocflip201

In the Rocky Mountains
Messages
585
Location
Utah
It's the last year of production, had a 6 speed transmission, 6.2 engine, interior "enhancements" (that are not everybody's cup of tea). That's about it, I suppose.

I dig it. I'd buy an '09 just for those reasons way before prior years.
 

LoJac963

Well-Known Member
Messages
491
Location
Surprise, AZ
The only way I would trade in my 06 is for an 08/09. Even though I don't care for the more refined looking interior, I DO CARE for the lack of squeaks, rattles, creaks, and other various noises that come out of these things when they are driven. My wife says they sound like the inside of a commercial plane at take off with all the plastic noise......I've done my best to stop the majority of them but you fix one and another shows up!

I'd go for it in a heartbeat!
 

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Messages
3,035
Location
NC
I'm having a hard time with my decision process. I know that I will miss my 3T. .. Maybe I should hold off. I just don't know. ...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
 

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
You won't go wrong with either choice but more importantly, you will still be driving a HUMMER!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapataint
 

LoJac963

Well-Known Member
Messages
491
Location
Surprise, AZ
I'm having a hard time with my decision process. I know that I will miss my 3T. .. Maybe I should hold off. I just don't know. ...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I don't know if I would trade in a 3T for a 2. The trucks are honestly one of the baddest ass looking vehicles every made IMO. I've only seen 2 in my area ever and my mouth drops every time!
 

bro of bro of 3 & 3hummer

Well-Known Member
Messages
198
Location
South Padre Island, Texas
I'm having a hard time with my decision process. I know that I will miss my 3T. .. Maybe I should hold off. I just don't know. ...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

I have owned an 06 H3, an 08 H3 Alpha, an 07 H2 & 00 H1. Each has things I loved about them. The H3was easy to get around in & got reasonable gas mileage but was not really powerful enough to pull our boat, the Alpha is a lot like the H3 but will pull the boat or anything else and gets at least as good of fuel mileage towing as the base H3, the H2 was the most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned, would go most anywhere and averaged 10-12 around town and 14 on the highway, the H1 is just freaking awesome. I would hate to choose my favorite but for a daily driver and occasional off road vehicle it would be the H2 especially a 09. Each of us has an opinion and I know you be happy with whatever you choose, all awesome choices.
 
Last edited:

Big2dabank

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,220
Location
Central Florida
Yep love my deuce as well, 175,000 miles and still running strong and just as comfortable as the day I bought it. Would not trade it for anything.
 

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Messages
3,035
Location
NC
False alarm all. I am sticking with the 3T. ...for the 2nd time I just couldn't part with it.

A deuce isn't in the cards for now...We'll see what the future holds. Thank you all for your opinions and encouragement.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2
 

twinmill28

Spilled Milk
Messages
1,545
Location
El Centro, Mehico (Way So Cal)
why is a 2009 h2 so great?

Not sure if all of them came with this, but heated steering wheel, power tilt and split bucket middle row seats were options for '09. I've seen one or two with this stuff, but they are waaayyyyy far and few in between.
If I were to get another deuce, it would have these options---that or the black chrome burnt orange SUT which I've only seen one of online.
 

hockeymanam

Well-Known Member
Messages
213
Location
charlotte
H3t's are not everywhere and look way better IMO. also i know at URE an H2 would have a hard time getting through trails... then again the long wheel base of the truck probably isn't any easier! I vote stay with the H3T
 
Top