• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

A photo's worth a thousand words...

Cortinas316

Well-Known Member
Messages
86
Location
san antonio tx
Uh-oh, ha ha! Do you know the Jeep's story?

Yeah he's a real good friend of mine. Coming back from the trails late afternoon he went thru what he thought was a mud pit but turned out to be more of a pond. Pretty sure he's radiator was caked with mud. We got about 20 miles from the park heading home and he started smoking and getting engine shaking but not overheating. Have him a ride home. Told him I needed to get a Jeep recovery vehicle decal now.
 

Airborne

Just a regular dude
Messages
294
Location
Utah
Nice! Super nice truck man. REALLY like it. If I may ask which winch mount bumper and winch set up did you go with?
 

Cortinas316

Well-Known Member
Messages
86
Location
san antonio tx
Last edited:

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
I was going to get a pic o me pulling out a Tacoma on the weekend (twice) but since I was out with the Toyota club I figured I better not!
 

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Messages
10,530
Location
Central Texas
I generally don't document my recoveries regardless of the make. Wouldn't really want them posting up on their forum how they rescued a Hummer. It happens but that is the amateurs. I have strapped out more Jeeps than anything else but they outnumber everything else so that seems normal.
 

Cortinas316

Well-Known Member
Messages
86
Location
san antonio tx
But you know that it does happen. My first time at hidden park there we're a group of Jeeps in a scavenger hunt and on the list was get a photo of ur Jeep towing or pulling a hummer for 200 points. So it's all good fun....what's sports without rivalries.
I generally don't document my recoveries regardless of the make. Wouldn't really want them posting up on their forum how they rescued a Hummer. It happens but that is the amateurs. I have strapped out more Jeeps than anything else but they outnumber everything else so that seems normal.
 

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Messages
10,530
Location
Central Texas
It happens but the brand fanatics take it too far. ie the Jeep forum thread on taking pictures of Hummers in parking lots. It went on for hundreds of posts/pictures. Very mocking and condescending comments. Funny thing was they never figured out that they had to be in the parking lot also to see and photograph the Hummer. All the mall crawling were Hummers were joined in the parking lots by the mall crawling Jeeps. Oh well, whatever it takes to keep the small minds entertained. :)
 

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Messages
10,673
Location
Scottsdale
My photo of my H3 pulling out a burned out Jeep carcass at a cleanup event got posted on a Jeep forum by a Jeeper. That Jeeper got flak for "allowing" a Hummer to pull a burned out Jeep from the desert. Truth is, none of the remaining Jeeps wanted to do it: "I've only got a 4 banger" or "My clutch is slipping".

The guys at the event didn't care, and didn't see any brand rivalry. But the numbskulls on the forum saw treason.:banghead:
 
Top