AFMike
Member
- Messages
- 22
- Location
- San Antonio
Hello All,
Air Force guy down in San Antonio who's lurked for a while and thought I'd better do the intro and get a pic or two up. I had a 2008 H3 for very short time that I had to get rid of but came across a 2006 H3 for a REALLY great price so I picked it up for my daily driver. Had to sell my Land Rover that was for offroading so I've decided to mod the 06 H3 and give it a shot.
What it looked like when I picked it up:

06 Lux with 77k miles on the clock. Lived its whole life in Texas so it's rust free and was sporting 5 brand new 295/75/16 General Grabbers when I bought it. Did the t-bar lift and added a set of Skyjacker shocks to the front. Really happy with the Skyjackers and nose dive in hard braking isn't bad so no new bumpstops at this point. 1/2 rack and lights are mounted but I haven't wired the lights yet because I'm not sure the rack is staying on. For the same reason the Hi-Lift isn't mounted yet. My 6yr old son and I like to camp so I ordered an SUV-sized blow up mattress and built a sleep platform to level out the back. Always been a tent camper so we'll see how sleeping in the truck works out.
As it sits now:

I have a set of black wheels coming in this week and still need to get the antenna mounted up. UCP, sliders, and winch bumper next along with some spare trail parts. And the list goes on and on....
Mike
Air Force guy down in San Antonio who's lurked for a while and thought I'd better do the intro and get a pic or two up. I had a 2008 H3 for very short time that I had to get rid of but came across a 2006 H3 for a REALLY great price so I picked it up for my daily driver. Had to sell my Land Rover that was for offroading so I've decided to mod the 06 H3 and give it a shot.
What it looked like when I picked it up:

06 Lux with 77k miles on the clock. Lived its whole life in Texas so it's rust free and was sporting 5 brand new 295/75/16 General Grabbers when I bought it. Did the t-bar lift and added a set of Skyjacker shocks to the front. Really happy with the Skyjackers and nose dive in hard braking isn't bad so no new bumpstops at this point. 1/2 rack and lights are mounted but I haven't wired the lights yet because I'm not sure the rack is staying on. For the same reason the Hi-Lift isn't mounted yet. My 6yr old son and I like to camp so I ordered an SUV-sized blow up mattress and built a sleep platform to level out the back. Always been a tent camper so we'll see how sleeping in the truck works out.
As it sits now:

I have a set of black wheels coming in this week and still need to get the antenna mounted up. UCP, sliders, and winch bumper next along with some spare trail parts. And the list goes on and on....
Mike