• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Big Bear 8/24-8/26

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
I havent gotten the time off approved yet but I should be good but I am throwing it out there now so anyone can plan for it. A bunch of us younger wheelers start school the 27th so one last trip for the summer is in order! Right now we have 1 ZJ, 1 XJ, 1 TJ, 1 JK and the H3. We plan to be there all weekend camping out and any of you guys can join for the weekend or a day trip but we plan on running Gold Mtn as an early night run on the 24th (hope to be done with the trail around 1 if we start around 7pm) then saturday we would run john bull and sunday we would wrap the day up with mottino wash which is a very short trail (half a day) but extremely difficult, it is supposed to be tougher then john bull. With the added clearance I am pretty pumped to give it a try.

For gold mtn, 33's and some skids will do and some lights will help

For john Bull and mottino, 35s, locker, skids, rockers, and the willingness to accept damage is required.

Mottino wash:

[video=youtube;WsOYmLec_gg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsOYmLec_gg[/video]

[video=youtube;IZjs2WAbWls]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZjs2WAbWls[/video]

I have spoken to the guy in the first video. His white Jk is on 39s yet the 2nd video the guys did it open. Either way all the guys I am running with are open/open or open/limited slip except one is running a locker in the front so I am not too concerned.
 

Kurt

Well-Known Member
Messages
958
Location
Orange County, CA
You get your new tires yet?

:hans:

I'm a maybe.. depends, I'm getting the truck ready for the HCI event in September, and I may be working OT at work that weekend.

I'm trying to get my custom fabricated stuff on the truck for September so I may have my truck in the shop... I'll see.. yes to gold mountain, no to john bull.
 
Last edited:

Zach

Mall Crawler
Messages
4,812
Location
So Cal
What time do you plan on running JB on Saturday? I may not have my daughter and might head up there to watch you guys get through the gatekeeper and run some other trails up there. Depending on work and time slight chance I might make Gold mtn
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
Sorry guys I'm out. My Parents are headed to NY and I've gotta stay at home taking care of my youngest sister and they aren't comfortable with my brother and I camping in big bear while there at home for a funeral. My uncles brother passed away (my moms sisters husbands brother) so I've gotta stay outta trouble and not make things more stressful...
 

Zach

Mall Crawler
Messages
4,812
Location
So Cal
Sorry guys I'm out. My Parents are headed to NY and I've gotta stay at home taking care of my youngest sister and they aren't comfortable with my brother and I camping in big bear while there at home for a funeral. My uncles brother passed away (my moms sisters husbands brother) so I've gotta stay outta trouble and not make things more stressful...

And I was looking forward to watching you go through the Gatekeeper :sigh:
 
Top