• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Body lift kit

SolidusJ

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,028
Location
FT. Carson, CO
So I just wanted to ask about body lift kits, from what what I can tell all the kit comes with a 1" hockey puck that's put between that body and frame. Anyway I could just put 1" of washer instead?
photo5-1.jpg
[/IMG]
 

5gn-h3t

Well-Known Member
Messages
616
Location
Northeast Pennsyltucky
Um, no. The pucks distribute the load over a much larger area. Also, I couldn't source the required longer body mount bolts for less than what the entire kit costs.
 

SolidusJ

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,028
Location
FT. Carson, CO
What's the bolts length and size? I have larger washers so getting bigger ones won't be hard. What I'm asking is the pucks are solid stiff rubber pads, what's the differences if I use metal washer and I thought the kit just came with the pucks and not longer bolts?
 

gfbh3t

Well-Known Member
Messages
140
Location
Lockport, NY
The kit has bolts and spacers and they fit to the original body mount. Washers might give you vibrations and road noise. Have had no problems on my T with the kit.
 
Top