• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Cheap harbor frieght winch

alaprova

Active Member
Messages
33
Location
st pete Florida
uploadfromtaptalk1393540561143.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
 

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
I saw this recently, sure its a good price, and you can return it when it break, but will it break when you NEED it?
 

jakesz28

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,056
Location
Cabool MO
I have the 8500 or 9500 lb one. It has been put to use. The main issue with all the low end winches is the motors are not totally sealed. Mine had filled with rain water and got stuck. I spent 30 minutes removing the end cover, used a garden hose to wash it out, drilled a drain hole in the cover. Oiled it and it has worked since. I use it to pull dropped trees and stumps around. I could have spent more but if you get 2 or 3 years out of it throw it away and get another.
 

Green 1

Matty Patty Pookie Bear
Messages
1,149
Location
Ferris,Texas
I actually read a review on these in a 4 wheeler magazine about a year ago and they reviewed well. Remember they were brand new and only did a few pull test so you would not see the flaws but like anything properly maintained they may be ok.
 

frumaker

Well-Known Member
Messages
455
Location
killeen, tx
for the same price, I bought a 12500 pound winch from truck and winch, and they have a warranty. I have put this winch to the test.
 

954paulo

Well-Known Member
Messages
467
Location
ny
for the same price, I bought a 12500 pound winch from truck and winch, and they have a warranty. I have put this winch to the test.

I have the trunk and winch, winch. Over a year and a half of abuse and dead weight pulls works great still


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:
Top