• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Code C0388

RKTonyC

Member
Messages
16
Location
Saugus, Ma
Hi all. I’m getting the SERV 4WD message and blinking Rear Differential light on the dash. Did a complete scan and am receiving a code C0388 which identifies a problem with the rear differential lock actuator. Most of the problems end up being faulty wiring going into the differential to the actuator. I’ve seen many examples of the wiring broken really close to the housing. Question is, in case this is my issue (crawling under there this weekend) if the wires can’t be repaired due to not having enough access, is the room inside by merely taking of the differential cover? If that’s the case, since I’m in there, what is a good cleaner for the gears and what replacement gear oil would be best?

Thanks for any suggestions or advice.
 
Top