• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Differentials in base 09/10 Alpha?

S

SedonaBound

Guest
What kind of diff is in the base H3s in 2009 /10? Limited slip? Positraction? Open diff w/ electronic control via brakes? Front diff?

Traction control is marketing term that explains nothing. Not a peep about the base diffs in the Hummer literature I've seen.
 

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Messages
10,673
Location
Scottsdale
Open diffs in all non-Adventure/non-Offroad H3s. All had electronic stability control and electronic traction control. Alphas all had 4.10 gears in their diffs; I5s had 4.56 gears.
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
It wouldn't necessarily be easier. Its the same process it's just the CI can have a locker with an added piece of mind from the added strength

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
 

LagunaH1

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,730
Location
Idaho
I know this is tangential at best but I alway thought the traction control system in the H3 was really surprisingly good
 

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
Messages
2,525
Location
Finger Lakes, NY
It wouldn't necessarily be easier. Its the same process it's just the CI can have a locker with an added piece of mind from the added strength

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Its not suggested to install a locker in an aluminum diff. The aluminum diff is already weak, and adding a locker to it will only make things worse. So easier in the sense you wouldn't have to swap to a CI.
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
I know this is tangential at best but I alway thought the traction control system in the H3 was really surprisingly good

I agree...most rigs will just spin once a tire is in the air but the H3 TC system really helps transfer the power.
 
Top