• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

friendly wave

954paulo

Well-Known Member
Messages
467
Location
ny
flipping them off is far more effective at eliciting a response.... :)

Haha...

I do the wave every so often. But rarely get it back unless it's a really modified truck. I think it's all about the appreciation for the time and effort put into modding your truck. If they haven't wrenched their own truck chances are they won't wave. I get a few yj and tj's to wave but almost never from a 4door jk with the usual 33"s and a coil spacer lift.

Love it or hate it's only a certain type of person that will wave to a lifted h3 lol. Almost every Little kid I see or someone who's has owned one/ wants one. To everyone else it a gasoline slurping waste.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Messages
1,248
Location
New Jersey
I will flash my lights and/or do the hand lift, but I do always try. Most don't respond, but that is ok, I don't want to be like them, and the few that have (other vehicle drivers or pedestrians usually give me the thumbs up) make it worth it.
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
I waved to an H1 today, no response...As he passed by I realized he wasnt a wheeler. He had chrome rims on it and you could tell it wasnt a wheeler.

I get notes on squeaky quite a bit from jeepers though. They give me there # and wanna go wheeling and mention its nice to see a hummer being used. Everytime except once it was a girl. Everyone makes fun of me for it, I get guys #'s...what can I say? lol
 

Zach

Mall Crawler
Messages
4,812
Location
So Cal
I get notes on squeaky quite a bit from jeepers though. They give me there # and wanna go wheeling and mention its nice to see a hummer being used. Everytime except once it was a girl. Everyone makes fun of me for it, I get guys #'s...what can I say? lol

It's because they heard about the
yryjehup.jpg
 

chad

Well-Known Member
Messages
545
Location
florida
I will flash my lights and/or do the hand lift, but I do always try. Most don't respond, but that is ok, I don't want to be like them, and the few that have (other vehicle drivers or pedestrians usually give me the thumbs up) make it worth it.
I agree. I still try though. I try not to give hummer owners a bad name with being rude.
 

Dougvzla

Member
Messages
19
Location
Lexington, KY
Here in Kentucky I've seen H2 and H3 and wave all of them. No answers yet but I still try. I remember when I was working on my F150 and I came to another pick up in the road all of them wave back at me. I still don't know what Hummers owners don't do it.
 

Caraddict

Well-Known Member
Messages
56
Location
Connecticut
When I'm in my Vette every Vette owner waves...not so much in the hummer...I noticed that anyone with a offroad looking veichle be it a jeep, fj, etc they wave & I always wave back. I do get snubbed by a lot of other hummers...but I still wave at them! :horns:
 

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Messages
10,530
Location
Central Texas
I was a NCCC member and President of Cowtown Corvettes in Ft. Worth long ago. NCCC even had a save the wave campaign because Corvette owners were falling out of the habit of waving. Hummers owners are like a lot of Vette owners now. They have them and drive them but aren't really into them. I don't know how many Vette owners I talked to about joining a Corvette club that had zero interest in show, performance or socializing with other Vette owners. To them it was just a car they drove, same as a lot of Hummer owners.
 

chad

Well-Known Member
Messages
545
Location
florida
I was a NCCC member and President of Cowtown Corvettes in Ft. Worth long ago. NCCC even had a save the wave campaign because Corvette owners were falling out of the habit of waving. Hummers owners are like a lot of Vette owners now. They have them and drive them but aren't really into them. I don't know how many Vette owners I talked to about joining a Corvette club that had zero interest in show, performance or socializing with other Vette owners. To them it was just a car they drove, same as a lot of Hummer owners.
I completely agree with you on that. I think people just drive them for status and care less about actually using them for what they can do so have no interest in being in a club of any kind. It's too bad with hummers though because there are so few that actually use them offroad.
 
Top