• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Got banned from HummerForums

davidh3

Well-Known Member
Messages
334
Location
N/A
I had an account named Moonbong, when I tried to log in, there was a vBulliton Message box showing "You have been banned for following reasons: No reason was specified. Date the ban will be lifted: Never.

It was almost a year ago, I posted my first thread on a HUMMER forum-HummerForums. I can't remember exactly what I wrote about, but I swear to god I didnt say any bad thing. Next day I checked my thread, there was a guy replied on my thread, he meant I posted it on a wrong section. I wasn't able to delete it, so I just left it there. However, when i tried logging in in the morning, i realized that I was banned, permanently. That hurts me.

Since I couldn't find any proper reason why I got banned, I created another account-Davidh3. I felt good when using that name, because no one questioned whether I was a English speaker or not, in the beginning(as long as I can type a sentence that has zero or minor errors). I posted some threads, but I never got banned. Maybe that admin had a bad temper/day when he banned me or maybe he didn't like me, but anyway, I just feel its mean to ban a HUMMER fan for posting a thread on a wrong section.

After that I learnt something-wanna approach white people or north American people or USA culture on Internet? Better use white people's name if your original name does not have English/European alphabets.


I truly love HUMMER.

Now I'm getting a degree in order to work at GM, I wish I can do something for HUMMER.
 
Last edited:

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
Messages
2,288
Location
Raleigh, NC
The politics on some forums will always be a mystery. I wouldn't take it personally. The nick you used may be the reason they judged you without knowing anything about you. It may seem innocent for you but if the admins are not open minded people, they will profile you without having said or done anything wrong. What I have learned over the years, is that you will eventually find the forum that best fits your personality and needs. I found my place here at H4O and feel no need to venture elsewhere.


"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone
 

davidh3

Well-Known Member
Messages
334
Location
N/A
The politics on some forums will always be a mystery. I wouldn't take it personally. The nick you used may be the reason they judged you without knowing anything about you. It may seem innocent for you but if the admins are not open minded people, they will profile you without having said or done anything wrong. What I have learned over the years, is that you will eventually find the forum that best fits your personality and needs. I found my place here at H4O and feel no need to venture elsewhere.


"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

I found that members of H4O are kind, gentle. I like here.
And. I feel the same. :)
 

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Messages
10,670
Location
Scottsdale
David, banning can also be technical or accidental. For example, if you changed your email address and didn't confirm it (or maybe never confirmed it in the first place) then the ban can happen automatically without human intervention. It is unlikely that anything happened as a result of your posts.
 

davidh3

Well-Known Member
Messages
334
Location
N/A
David, banning can also be technical or accidental. For example, if you changed your email address and didn't confirm it (or maybe never confirmed it in the first place) then the ban can happen automatically without human intervention. It is unlikely that anything happened as a result of your posts.
hmmm ok, but i really did nothing but posted one thread and maybe one or two replies.
 

M22KLARS

Unsafe At Any Speed
Messages
2,315
Location
Minnesota
Careful with your second account as that's an actual reason for someone to be banned on most forums. Who are the mods/admins over there? (I'm a member but I don't ever visit) Maybe shoot one of them a PM and see what's going on.
 

davidh3

Well-Known Member
Messages
334
Location
N/A
Careful with your second account as that's an actual reason for someone to be banned on most forums. Who are the mods/admins over there? (I'm a member but I don't ever visit) Maybe shoot one of them a PM and see what's going on.
Yeah, I already feel no love for that forum. I am hesitating to send them a PM-I'm asking myself:"is that necessary?". I need time to figure it out, I should think about it carefully before I make a judgement.
 

Kurt

Well-Known Member
Messages
958
Location
Orange County, CA
Yeah, I already feel no love for that forum. I am hesitating to send them a PM-I'm asking myself:"is that necessary?". I need time to figure it out, I should think about it carefully before I make a judgement.

I wouldn't worry about it, it's probably an inactive ban or auto ban.

Some forums will ban users automatically if they register and only make 1 or 2 posts and don't post for a few months, that usually fits the profile of a spammer.

I got banned from CHO when that was still around trying to register a long while ago...

:giggle:
 

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Messages
10,529
Location
Central Texas
I am a Moderator at HF and don't remember anything related to your account. My guess is that it was an auto ban. I can check into it if you want.
 

davidh3

Well-Known Member
Messages
334
Location
N/A
I am a Moderator at HF and don't remember anything related to your account. My guess is that it was an auto ban. I can check into it if you want.

OK, Thank you! yeah, It's been long time. Good to know what happened on my account


auto ban?? for not posting in 5 days????
 
Top