• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Green e from C FL

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Messages
10,530
Location
Central Texas
Welcome to the forum. No worries on the BFGs. The KM2 s are great and the ATs are much better than many give them credit for.
 

Big2dabank

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,220
Location
Central Florida
Welcome from your neighbor to the west in Clermont Florida. Time for some wheelin, your welcome to join us anytime. I am pretty much all over Central Florida everyday so I'm sure we have crossed paths on the road a time or two. Post up some pics and I'll keep an eye out for you.

Here is a link to my album, you can check out some Florida wheelin and get an idea of what my rig looks like for the next time you see me on the road.

http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/forum/album.php?albumid=145
 
Last edited:

stix

Active Member
Messages
43
Location
Orlando, Fl
w Yak cropped.jpg cropped.jpg

Thanks man - killer lookin rig you have. Top notch!... most of the time you will c me w my Native on the roof but now w new shoes, wheels and BG. Looking around for a fab guy for custom rack to haul two of these boats + basket...long term project but will post up pics if/when i get there. I will keep an eye out if you post when you are going out...cheers.
 

Big2dabank

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,220
Location
Central Florida
Very nice yak, I'm working in a Jackson Bigtuna for my son and I. I have a Gobi rack, not cheap, but very versatile and can easily hold two yaks plus lots of gear plus two Mt. Bikes.

If you really want to go custom, there are lots of good custom guys in town. I would check out the trucks gone wild forums, most of the really good fab guys are building mud trucks. I'm sure there is one close to you. What part of town are you in, love to hook up and do some yakin. I have a friend that has a cabin near Alexander Springs and was thinking of putting together a Kayak/wheelin trip when it cools off a little.
 

stix

Active Member
Messages
43
Location
Orlando, Fl
Thanks for the greets and intro's! I am in N Orl (lake Mary) and have some early leads on fabricators/shops here....not sure when if/when to start yet another new rack thread on this forum, but want to do it right, and think I can get my specs for around the same price of off the shelf....tons of things that play-in : pride of DIY (and cost 2 buy equip needed), vs welds that look like a night after 2 many bevs, how 2 anchor to h3 (Roof track footholds and that single bolt point above front doors), etc....


Yak often on Wekiva and got skunked last weekend on Mosquito lagoon-

Thanks again-
 

stix

Active Member
Messages
43
Location
Orlando, Fl
finally got my kayak racks for the gobi made up

1.125 alum tube with easy on / off no tools needed. Also doesn't swallow up the cargo space on the gobi rack

cheersyak rack front.jpgyack rack back.jpg
 
Top