• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H2 tires

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
Messages
3,717
Location
Indianapolis, IN
Just wondering, what size tire can be put on the deuce before a lift or re-gear is needed. For example on the H3 35's are the norm before a re-gear or lift is needed. I currently have 35's on the deuce so im just wondering how big i can go. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
 

Zach

Mall Crawler
Messages
4,812
Location
So Cal
I am running 37's with slight rub at full lock. You will notice a slight lack of power on take off, not too major though. And your speedo will be roughly 5 mph's off
 

Big2dabank

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,220
Location
Central Florida
I am running 37's Goodyears MTR's currently and previously ran 37" Interco Trxus M/ts. Both tires were 37x1250x17 and had a very slight rub at full lock. I am running 4.56 gears and will likely bump to 4.88s at some point down the road, but the 4.56 gears are fine for now. You don't need to re-gear, but like Zach said you will notice some sluggishness at takeoff and it might take a little longer to shift. Its also a bit sluggish on steep climbs.

If this is on an 08 H2 I have a set of 4.10 gears that would work well to replace the factory 3.73 gears.
 

Trekker

That Guy
Messages
217
Location
Olathe, KS
I'm running 37" MTR's without a re-gear. I'm using a Superchips Coretex 2950 to reprogram for more power, better fuel economy and it corrects the speedometer.
 

Scarsman

Sponsor
Messages
1,561
Location
Monroe, WA
I'm on 37" Cooper STTs on stock wheels with no lift, no regear, running a Diablo tuner. Drives fine. Rubs on the sway bar at full lock, but the stock tires rubbed it at full lock too.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk
 
Top