• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3T Rear Axle upgrades

SAS H3T

Member
Messages
6
Location
Ventura County CA
Hi,
I am new to the Forum so I apologize if this has been brought up before.

I have an '09 H3T that I have done a solid axle conversion to already.

Now it is time to beef up the rear Axle.

Because of the All wheel drive system I am told that I cannot just simply swap to a 14 bolt.

The expensive option is to have Dynatrac build me an Axle to match the front that they did for me.
While these are IMHO the best Axles available I am not as flush as I was when we started this build.

So, any ideas would be helpful.
Know of any shops that can build 14 bolt with the sensors needed to keep that AWD performing as intended.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Andrew
 

SAS H3T

Member
Messages
6
Location
Ventura County CA
h3t.jpg

For your viewing pleasure.
 

Attachments

  • hummer.jpg
    hummer.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 1,054

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
Are you the original owner?

I spoke with someone recently about the bigger axles and the main thing is getting a tone ring in there that matches the current axle setup and then use the factory sensor. Which can be done, it's just custom work but it still probably cheaper then dynatrac.

Could you snap some pics of the rear? I have done a spring over in the rear on mine and have a rancho lifted front and if I ever made the jump I was wondering what springs you were using or if you have the evolever setup

We are going to last chance canyon this weekend if u wanna go.
 

SolidusJ

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,028
Location
FT. Carson, CO
Those are the same guys that did Al's (ReconH3) H3. I had a picture of his H3 and that H3T getting worked on and the after.
 
Top