• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3t sliders

gfbh3t

Swapped out GM sliders for Rocky Road sliders IMG_3041.JPGIMG_3043.JPGIMG_3044.JPGIMG_3051.JPGIMG_3052.JPG

08H3

You went to RR or took them off? RR are a great product, but the powder coat on mine was the worst I have ever seen on any product. I'd strongly reccomend getting them Linexed before they get too nasty.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I haven't had issues with the RR powdercoat on my H3 sliders. However, they have flexed up into the pinch welds but nothing too serious since it's been that way for years and the truck hasn't fallen apart. Was thinking about these for my Silverado but at $1000 it isn't worth it to me for a street rig.

RamRod

Man my wife would love it if I had those OEM steps attached to my sliders (wont work because I don't have OEM sliders either), I guess I better not show here any pictures!

4speedfunk

I would weld some vertical plate gussets to the mounting legs at the least. That first photo shows the issue very clearly, and explains why the RR’s are so spongy. There is no way you can cantilever all that weight on three little 1” tubes and expect it to be stiff enough.

Better yet...make some Franken-rails by keeping the inner portion of the GM sliders (with a far better mounting system), and simply cut & weld your RR outer tubes to the original GM inners.

That would also give you the opportunity to put some real powder coat on them, (although in your zip code, any coating is temporary).

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
What was the issue with the GM sliders that led you to biuy the RR sliders?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

gfbh3t

Agree the RR sliders need some support. Purchased the Gm sliders because I needed steps for the wife and kids, kids are grown up wife has her own h3 now. Also don't have to remove steps now to go off-road. Probably not going to sell them it cost me a small fortune to get sliders and find steps. Going to hang on garage wall for art right now.

Traxx

I would keep those oem sliders and steps, they are worth a small fortune. Whoever does the powder coating for RR sucks at their job, spray paint lasts longer.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Repainted my Ridge Demon Rock Basher H3T sliders and put them on the T today. Just in time for Moab!
d313fd9a5203adc6215d992b363483cf.jpg
f80d83ae6fed0907fa69c5465a6e81e9.jpg
77c79f357c3f0404823d419a9315070b.jpg
f6074c384eb23516f500653149d1e9a9.jpg

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk