• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H4o sp13

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Messages
10,529
Location
Central Texas
Still waiting for my schedule to firm up but I am planning on making this trip unless work rears it's ugly head again. ( which it has been doing far too often lately ) Hate to complain about being busy but I am extremely busy these days. With projects in CO (1), CA(7) and Texas(1) and just buying a 200 unit project by the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale my days have been pretty crazy.
 

Medic_Morgan

Well-Known Member
Messages
392
Location
San Diego, CA
Looking to see if I can shuffle the schedule around to make this trip. Portager do you still have those 305's we talked about a while back?



Sent from my secret lair bwaaahhahahahah
 

cbetts

NERD!!!
Messages
3,188
Location
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
Still waiting for my schedule to firm up but I am planning on making this trip unless work rears it's ugly head again. ( which it has been doing far too often lately ) Hate to complain about being busy but I am extremely busy these days. With projects in CO (1), CA(7) and Texas(1) and just buying a 200 unit project by the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale my days have been pretty crazy.

Join the club Dave! It sure beats the alternative though. I am quite glad I am employed right now. I would love to see how you get your H1 through the squeeze. I am sure it could be done with your skills.
 

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
Messages
1,506
Location
Silverado
Looking to see if I can shuffle the schedule around to make this trip. Portager do you still have those 305's we talked about a while back?

Yes I do and my wife wants them out of the garage. Lets make a deal.

I got out my trusty digital caliper and measured 0.589" tread depth on the LT285/75R15 spare and 0.489" on the LT305/70R16. The spare is listed as having 19/32" tread depth or 0.594" (and mine still has the manufacturing nubs) so I guess my measurement error is about 0.015". The spec tread depth for the 305's is 20/32" or 0.625" so mine have 0.489/0.025 = 78% ±2.5% so call it 75% ish. I believe I bought the LT305/70R16's in late 2010, so they are about 3 years old. The tires are mounted on AR-392 Tactic Wheels which I'm also willing to sell. A couple have some rock rash. The tire Rack price for new 305's is $299 and the 285 is $251. PM me an offer.
 

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
Messages
1,506
Location
Silverado
Still waiting for my schedule to firm up but I am planning on making this trip unless work rears it's ugly head again. ( which it has been doing far too often lately ) Hate to complain about being busy but I am extremely busy these days. With projects in CO (1), CA(7) and Texas(1) and just buying a 200 unit project by the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale my days have been pretty crazy.

Dave; You have to make time for this trip. It is a great trail and I want to see you do the Bob Miller extension and the squeeze. It will be a great trip.

Bebe; We can talk about doing SP14 between Christmas and New Years. I'm committed to flying to North Carolina to see the wife's relatives this year. I'm not sure I want to be in Laughlin on New Years Eve but I'm open the a day between the 27th and the 30th. Weather wise, November is closer to ideal that December. The ave max temp in November is 74.3F and the ave min temp is 49F. December is 63.9F and 42.4F. January is 64.6F and 43.1F. So December is the coolest but they are all pretty tolerable.
 

cbetts

NERD!!!
Messages
3,188
Location
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
I really wish I could go! It has been a tough year for me to get out. I thoroughly enjoyed this trail last year and was looking forward to it this year. I am just thankful that I am working right now.
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
awh man...

Its up to Mike and Mike but do u think we should reschedule?

I havent booked the hotel yet because I am not sure if I will have a front diff by then...I have the weekend off though lol
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
hey, thats a good problem! lol In a few years when I finish up school I hope and pray to have the same issue...
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
Im not out yet. I have the time off. If I get my axle in I would like to do a small shake down then head out to arizona. If not I will camp and stay local for the weekend at gorman/frazier park
 

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
Messages
1,506
Location
Silverado
I would be open to changing the date if more people could make it. Perhaps Thanksgiving weekend? I know Bebe can't make that date but maybe it works for others? I'm open to suggestions.
 

poncho1965

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,263
Location
Ridgecrest, California
It's hard to always know how your schedule will go, but no reason to reschedule really if rescheduling does not draw any more interest than we have already had. That being said my schedule is fairly flexible and I'm open to most any change made.


Mike
 

cbetts

NERD!!!
Messages
3,188
Location
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
No away trips for me for the rest of the year. Power will be off Wednesday night at work, which means I will have to go in Sunday to bring systems back up.

Looks like I will be hosting the traditional Black Friday run up 2N17X that day, that is if SP13 isn't that weekend.
 

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Messages
9,503
Location
Meridian, ID
Spoke to dean yesterday he was putting everything in for cryo and planned on either yesterday or today. Not sure how long the process takes but my assumption is that I will be getting Between Thursday or Friday of next week. That doesn't give me much time to install and give it a quick shakedown. I'm 95% out at this time but if I get it installed and a quick shakedown is complete I'm in...
 

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
Messages
1,506
Location
Silverado
I guess we are going to have to postpone SP12, since we only have two people signed up. Normally, I would consider two people enough, but Sleeping Princess is a tough trail and a long ways from home. I think we need more than two vehicles to run it safely.

Please suggest a date that would work better for you and we'll see if we can get a larger group.
 
Top