• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Hi from a H3T manual trans owner

R32Jake

Member
Messages
8
Location
Twin Cities


Hey guys,


My name is Jake, and I’m a Hummer newbie from the Twin Cities area in Minnesota. I’ve been a car guy my whole life, and have been in the VW/Audi euro car scene for a while now. After buying a house a couple years ago it became abundantly clear that I needed a truck. I wanted something that wasn’t huge, but needed four doors, a truck bed, manual trans, with decent off road capabilities. So, after much research, I knew exactly what I wanted: the much sought-after H3T with a manual trans. So, after liquidating some funds, I started the search.


Several weeks later, I found one that popped up on Autotrader in Colorado. And I bought it - sight unseen. My wife and I bought our plane tickets and road tripped it back.


11018524_1550482491892664_1255001183_n.jpg



ITs a 2009 Hummer H3T base model, 3.7 I5 with manual trans. It's an immaculate one owner example with 80k on the clock. Came with all service records and history. Only additional options were the OEM window visor things, and a dealer-installed tonneau cover.


I’ve had it for a few months now, and absolutely love it. I have a few plans for it, and look forward to getting involved on the forums.
 

skeptic

Well-Known Member
Messages
737
Location
Orygun
Congrats on finding exactly what you wanted, those are uncommon to say the least. Sometimes I wish I still had mine. I don't get wanting a manual in a truck, but all that matters is it's what you want.

I'm with you in that every home owner needs access to a truck. Family, friends or just own one yourself.
 

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
Congrats and welcome. Great choice and color for your truck.

-From a fellow black T owner.
 

R32Jake

Member
Messages
8
Location
Twin Cities
The tonneau cover was pretty ragged, so I removed that for the time being. I also plasti-diped the front grille black, as it was the only chrome element on the truck, and I didn't really care for it.

I also ordered a new Aries brush guard. They appear to be the closest to OEM as far as styling goes, but are half the price. I plan on installing that this weekend, as well as doing an oil change, and maybe cranking up the front t-bars.

Does anyone know how many turns to crank the adjusters on the torsion bars to level the truck out? Is there some general rule-of-thumb,
like 3 turns back from all the way in? Or do I just need to crank them a bit, drive around, let it settle, and repeat until its level?
 
Top