• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Hummer Fatality Last Friday in Victoria TX.

crank

The Master Blaster!
Messages
616
Location
Victoria, TX
Hey All...
I was reading the local paper this morning and found this fatality. I don't know for sure if the vehicle was a H2 or H3. Can anyone tell? I cant tell for sure. It kinda looks like a H2 from the back. The woman driving it died at the scene. It looks to be steel blue in color.
Does anyone know this vehicle? I'm pretty sure I've seen this truck a number of times before.

http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/videos/2013/mar/15/9028/
http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/videos/2013/mar/15/9026/
http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2013/mar/15/ch_fatal_031613_204455/?news#

I guess this proves that the Hummer is not indestructable. My condolences and prayers go out to that persons family.
 

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Messages
10,529
Location
Central Texas
Ouch. Ton of damage. Not surprised she didn't survive. I have seen some H2s that had been in horrendous accidents and not sustained that amount of damage. It would be interesting to understand more about how the accident happened.
 

crank

The Master Blaster!
Messages
616
Location
Victoria, TX
Sad for sure.
I remember seeing that ride a few times in town. In fact about 3-4 months ago, I pulled up next to a lady at the light and she was driving a light blue or steel blue H2. I was driving the H1. I noticed her because she was all excited to see a H1. I waved back and she took a picture of my ride with her phone. At least I'm pretty sure that was her. It struck me funny that a woman acted the same way I did when I finally saw a H1 in real life. Except I sounded more like a little screaming girl. BTW... Just kidding about the little girl scream guys. :)
I don't know much about it. I drove by the scene today to give my respect and saw where she sheared off the stop light pole. They initially installed the pole in the middle of the road which looked kinda stupid. I think someone wasn't thinking very clear when they engineered that idea. No one really knows what happened. She must have been really moving to do that kind of damage. I guess when she hit the pole it sheared off and the pole swung around and nailed the vehicle again. Not sure. That's what I heard. Very scary though.




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
 

Zach

Mall Crawler
Messages
4,812
Location
So Cal
Extremely sad, but in the end it doesn't matter how protected you are. Originally, the reason, I bought my 2 for the safety reason with my daughter. We were in a pretty bad wreck with my trailblazer. Both were hurt but lived. My last wreck, wish I would have been driving the 2
 

ArtHummer

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,220
Location
Gaithersburg/MD
Wow, that is some massive damage. I wander what caused the accident. Seems way to much for a light pole.
Very sad. My condolences go to the family.
 

crank

The Master Blaster!
Messages
616
Location
Victoria, TX
I was talking to one one the officers on scene yesterday and the story might have a twist. Everything you are about to read is one person's side of the story and may not be the entire story. It seems that the lady had a huge argument with her boy friend. He works at Caterpillar entrance right across from the scene. She told him she was going to kill herself near the plant so he would think of her every time he drove to work. It looks like the H2 took off at a high rate of speed, far down the road. At the time of the collision she was moving very fast. (Don't know how fast). The report says she hit the pole, but I think it have to be one big pole! She must have hit something else to cause that damage.
Now you know the rest of the story.... Maybe...
 

ArtHummer

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,220
Location
Gaithersburg/MD
From the look of the damage on H2, it's whole front end ended up in the interior, it looks like he crashed in to a Caterpillar and not the pole.

That's how it looks like car smashes in too the pole
20300226_BG1.jpg


VS this???
sl_fatal_031713834_SM.jpg
 

SkinGripz

Well-Known Member
Messages
276
Location
Horse Country, Texas
Thats a lot of destruction, even it it was intentional.

Many years ago an old driver had a diabetic seizure and hit me head on, both doing about 50, and didnt cause anywhere near that much (driver corner to driver corner) Old man died 2 weeks later of his injuries, and I have a few welded vertebrae, so no surprise here that she died on scene.
 

HUMMERDAD

Well-Known Member
Messages
141
Location
GraysLake IL
The H2 looked almost like an SUT rather then the SUV model but the amount of damage has alot of calulations to speed, angle at inpact what was impacted the damage done has to very detailed the crash results sometimes go back to the manufacture to see if it has happened before. There are too many reasons why my condolances to the familys involved. That pole looked pretty heafty and remember the humers are designed to desinagrate to suck up as much energy of the impact as possible.
 
Top