• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

I wonder...

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Messages
3,035
Location
NC
I would say that catches more fishermen than fish...if you catch my meaning.
 

RamRod

Well-Known Member
Messages
3,914
Location
AB, Canada
The tubing those are made of is so thin I wouldn't let a friend waste any money on something like that!
 

Hunner

Well-Known Member
Messages
2,334
Location
Arkansas
Have not seen one of those since 06.
Followed someone with one at Kansas Rocks and I pulled out the lip on my bumper where he just scraped that thing. Here is a lower shot of it. Does have some stuff down a bit lower but if you get up in there the muffler is likely to get hit first also.

He did one steep climb and rolled back on that and it stopped him. Probably saved all the thin bumper lip that time. That did not stop him he tried again and that thing slid over the rocks.


I had to cut out a piece of my bumper to make it look right after I hung it up.


Yea it would or could in extreme cases touch two inches or so before the rear bumper.
Trade off I guess on how often you scrape the rear down a steep rock shelf. You could tell about that by looking at your rear bumper now and see how damaged it is, or not.
I don't need any more weight with what I carry!
 
Last edited:

skeptic

Well-Known Member
Messages
737
Location
Orygun
I can see how it could help protect stuff, as well as hurting the departure angle and adding something else to get hung up on. It would also completely block your back-up camera if you have one.
 
Top