• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

My engine is hot...too hot??

MSC

Well-Known Member
Messages
75
Location
Montgomery, TX
Has anyone tryed checking or replacing your radiator cap, if it won't hold pressure it will cause it to overheat and vent into the overflow tank. When it cools down it should suck the coolant back in the radiator and not leak on the ground.
 

M22KLARS

Unsafe At Any Speed
Messages
2,315
Location
Minnesota
Well, ran my 3 today, didnt go above ½ so looks like it was just the heavy load and my paranoia haha!

Thanks to all who shared their knowledge on this matter

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Glad to hear it's back to normal.
 

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Messages
10,670
Location
Scottsdale
I don't know if you want a lower temp t-stat. While I'm no expert on this stuff I thought I read that it runs hotter so it runs more efficiently in burning fuel and/or emissions. The 1/2-3/4 temps aren't hurting anything. When running +3/4 to just before the red line is where I think I busted my exhaust manifold bolts, trying to do 100 mph in 112 degree heat.
 
Top