• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

NEED HELP with Front and Rear gear oil change - H2

ADOR

Well-Known Member
Messages
99
Location
Las Vegas, NV
Hi there folks. I want to change the Front and Rear gear oil on my H2. The REAR is straight forward. I see both drain and fill plugs.

Can someone please guide me on how to change the FRONT? Step by step instructions, plus some picture will be great. I need to know where exactly the drain and fill plugs for the front are. And lastly, I need the tourque spec for the bolts.

Thanks guys.
 

Scarsman

Sponsor
Messages
1,561
Location
Monroe, WA
I can't get pics right now, but I can give you a little info. You will need to take your skid plate off. Look at the driver's side of the diff and you will see the plugs. You can't miss them. When you fill it, it helps to have a length of clear hose. If you are using the standard gear oil bottles, with the pointy spout, put one end of the hose on the spout. There is not room for the bottle at the diff. You can then hold the bottle up high a little further towards the driver's side where there is room for it, and run the hose over to the fill hole.

Its really not that bad of a job. Once you crawl under and look at it, it's just as straight forward as the rear.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk
 
Top