• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

New ARB bumper installed

kmug

Finally broke down and bought the bumper. I've been wanting it for some time and got a good deal. Went with the VR8000 winch... Not really sure about that choice and hope I don't regret it.

Love the look

uploadfromtaptalk1317502931937.jpg

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
Looks great! Let me know how you like the winch, I have been looking at the VR10000 and VR12000. Made in the USA (at least assembled) and priced similar to Chinese made/build winches.

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Very sharp!! And like the others said, let us know how you like the winch.

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
make sure to pick up some clear bra and do the back side of the bumper where all the rocks will hit from the front tires.

Last edited:

Hunner

I'm still trying to find out if that center top section where you have your solenoids mounted on, lifts off to put the winch in there?

Hunner

Thanks for that complete install manual. I have been looking at those for a long time. My idea has been to cut out that area and mount my Warn PowerPlant on a extended flat plate up there down on the area where the winch is supposed to mount. I have some shots of the back side and may have to install some plating in that area. The measurements look like it would not stick out any further than it does now.
I sent Zip a shot with that area outlined and he exchanged some great pictures and info.
I have even considered for the type of wheeling I do, that I might remove the brush guard unless it is available without it. Just a thought at this point.
The other option is still on the table at the fab shop, for now.
The other concern is how the skid plate fits. We have looked into a jig to form those corners in a 100 ton press. Just thinkin......................
ARBcutout.jpg

Last edited:

skippy

Looks good (for an Australian product) Hunner I believe the bar was made for the 07 skid plate but the skid plate on the 08- changed and I have tried to mount the 07 plate and it was too short

kmug

I need an adaptor of some sort to use the skid plate on my 06. I didn't realize that but I'll get it Friday.

Hunner, it really doesn't look like there is room for a powerplant to me, but I'd be happy to measure anything you need

Hunner

I need an adaptor of some sort to use the skid plate on my 06. I didn't realize that but I'll get it Friday.

Hunner, it really doesn't look like there is room for a powerplant to me, but I'd be happy to measure anything you need

If I go with that later I know I will have to do some cutting and maybe add a bit longer plate sticking out.
This area here from that lower grill out to the front of the bumper is what I need to think about, if you have that. I may have it somewhere but I like to think ahead.
DAH_8069-1.jpg

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers

The ARB bumper requires a 08+ skid plate.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-09-10-HUMMER-H3-H3T-ENGINE-RADIATOR-SPLASH-SHEILD-15848416-/220862636765?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3AHummer|Model%3AH3&hash=item336c7062dd

Source one Auto Parts has new ones for $75 + shipping or I am sure you can find a member with 08+ H3/T and a BA, DOI, Predator, Thorparts, or etc bumper that would be willing to sell you theres or maybe even trade.

Yarjammer

I had chance to see it in person yesterday and I'm certainly impressed with it. I think it is actually a thicker gauge than the one I had on my FZJ80. Having seen it in person, that bumper has moved to the top of my list. Until that time, I'm now sporting Ken's old BG. Thank you so much for the hookup!

H3slate

Brush raked
I had chance to see it in person yesterday and I'm certainly impressed with it. I think it is actually a thicker gauge than the one I had on my FZJ80. Having seen it in person, that bumper has moved to the top of my list. Until that time, I'm now sporting Ken's old BG. Thank you so much for the hookup!

Glad you made it over here!!

We are going to run the Naches Pass trail this Saturday Oct. 8th. You are more than welcome to join us! Check it out here

http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/for...H4O-Event-in-WA-Naches-Pass-Trail-Oct.-8-2011