• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

New ARB bumper installed

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
I need an adaptor of some sort to use the skid plate on my 06. I didn't realize that but I'll get it Friday.

The ARB bumper requires a 08+ skid plate.

Source one Auto Parts has new ones for $75 + shipping or I am sure you can find a member with 08+ H3/T and a BA, DOI, Predator, Thorparts, or etc bumper that would be willing to sell you theres or maybe even trade.

Kmug, since I picked up a BA bumper today, I'll be needing a pre-08 splash guard. I've got an '09 one that will fit with your ARB bumper - wanna trade?

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
I really want an Boulder Accessories bumper but the ARB is my runner up. I don't think I will run across a BA bumper anytime soon, so I plan on checking out an ARB bumper on an H3 for sale at a dealer in PA this weekend. Maybe seeing one in person will change my mind and put it on the top of my to buy list also.....

kmug

Bigunit,

The shop I bought mine from said there is some sort of adaptor that makes mine work, and they ordered it already on my behalf. I told them that sounds a bit flaky, something that key being help in with an adaptor, but I should at least look at it before making other arrangements. I'm supposed to go in there on Friday.

If it isn't going to work I'd be willing to trade, I'll let you know.

kmug

If I go with that later I know I will have to do some cutting and maybe add a bit longer plate sticking out.
This area here from that lower grill out to the front of the bumper is what I need to think about, if you have that. I may have it somewhere but I like to think ahead.

Hunner - I haven't forgotten about you. I will probably have my man card revoked, but would you believe I can't find my one and only tape measure? :no:

I'll get it done in the next couple days.

H3slate

Brush raked
I really want an Boulder Accessories bumper but the ARB is my runner up. I don't think I will run across a BA bumper anytime soon, so I plan on checking out an ARB bumper on an H3 for sale at a dealer in PA this weekend. Maybe seeing one in person will change my mind and put it on the top of my to buy list also.....

I heard they stopped making those adaptors for the old skid plates. PNW-H3 has an ARB bumper with the adaptor and old skid plate. PM him if you have any questions about the quality or durability of the adaptor.

PNW-H3

Bigunit,

The shop I bought mine from said there is some sort of adaptor that makes mine work, and they ordered it already on my behalf. I told them that sounds a bit flaky, something that key being help in with an adaptor, but I should at least look at it before making other arrangements. I'm supposed to go in there on Friday.

If it isn't going to work I'd be willing to trade, I'll let you know.

The adapter is fine and works great. I have it on mine and there isn't any issues with it at all.

PNW-H3

Yes it has ben, I think I got one of the last out of the Renton warehouse over here. Looks like from his post though, he had one ordered for him.

kmug

I just picked it up from their Renton warehouse, so they must gave gotten more. Kent 4wd is installing it as I type this.

(yes, I know I'm lazy)

kmug

Kmug, since I picked up a BA bumper today, I'll be needing a pre-08 splash guard. I've got an '09 one that will fit with your ARB bumper - wanna trade?

Bigunit - the adaptor seems to work great, so sorry to say I don't need the trade. Wish I would have seen this before they ordered it!

kmug

Here are some pics with measurements. In the first pic I tried ( not with much success ) to show the mount. The winch appears to be mounted vertically which I think makes modification more difficult.

2011-10-09_15-45-22_352.jpg2011-10-09_15-44-44_630.jpg2011-10-09_15-44-28_930.jpg2011-10-09_15-43-33_603.jpg