Reloader
Well-Known Member
- Messages
- 413
- Location
- Montana a free state
While coming down Hummer hill last October my recovery boxes and cooler slipped their restraints and slid forward. This cause a large quantity of icey water from my cooler to splash directly on the back of my head and run down my back. It was a cheap Igloo cooler and one of the hinges broke shortly after. So i went a looking for a better cooler to replace it for the trip.
What I found was a Yeti Tundra 50. This thing is awesome . Built like a tank and seals tight. Its bear rated when locked with 2 padlocks and I believe it.
I think it could be used by bomb disposal units as I think it could contain a grenade blast. Take a look.



The only thing I can find fault with is the price, $329 plus the governors share. I searched all over on line and could not find a better price than our local Gander Mountain. So as much as I hate that gun and ammo price gouging place I picked one up yesterday. The $329 was actually a sale price that was $30 less than anywhere else. And they had several models in stock. These things will keep ice a lot longer also. I told my wife the savings in ice alone should pay for it in say 15 years. Now I gotta figure out a good way to secure it to the floor of the 3. Could also use it for an ammo container when a cooler is not needed
Later.
What I found was a Yeti Tundra 50. This thing is awesome . Built like a tank and seals tight. Its bear rated when locked with 2 padlocks and I believe it.
I think it could be used by bomb disposal units as I think it could contain a grenade blast. Take a look.



The only thing I can find fault with is the price, $329 plus the governors share. I searched all over on line and could not find a better price than our local Gander Mountain. So as much as I hate that gun and ammo price gouging place I picked one up yesterday. The $329 was actually a sale price that was $30 less than anywhere else. And they had several models in stock. These things will keep ice a lot longer also. I told my wife the savings in ice alone should pay for it in say 15 years. Now I gotta figure out a good way to secure it to the floor of the 3. Could also use it for an ammo container when a cooler is not needed
Later.