cbetts
NERD!!!
- Messages
- 3,188
- Location
- Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
Once again, my trusty shop manual set for my H3 have paid off. A few months ago, I redid all the wiring for my off road lights, including adding a set of grill lights in the process. A few weeks later, I noticed that both the cruise control and rear view mirror had no power. Not only did the mirror not display the temp but the auto-dim feature was also out. Fuse seemed okay so it was something bigger.
I finally got a weekend where I could pull apart the dash and find the culprit. I suspected I cut into a harness by accident. No such luck. Finally, I broke out the shop manual and searched the many wire diagrams. The only place that these two have in common is the fuse. The feeds separate at the box. At that point, I remembered that I had to pull apart the fuse box to add a plug for the grill lights. VOILA! Underneath the block I found a best contact. I straightened out the pin and reassembled.
I am sure the diagnoses at a shop would have been plenty more than the cost of the shop manual set.
I finally got a weekend where I could pull apart the dash and find the culprit. I suspected I cut into a harness by accident. No such luck. Finally, I broke out the shop manual and searched the many wire diagrams. The only place that these two have in common is the fuse. The feeds separate at the box. At that point, I remembered that I had to pull apart the fuse box to add a plug for the grill lights. VOILA! Underneath the block I found a best contact. I straightened out the pin and reassembled.
I am sure the diagnoses at a shop would have been plenty more than the cost of the shop manual set.