• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Side mirror differences?

rascole

I see 2 different model numbers for the side mirrors, only difference I can make out based on pictures online are the color of the connectors. They look like a 3 pin flat connector. The mirrors for the 08-10 years are a lot cheaper. Both numbers are for right side.
06-07 is 15884835
08-10 is 20836084

Happy Hummer

Just redo the wires to match your pin out. If not pull the harness out of the old mirrors.
By the way the 06-07 have studs. The 08-up have knurled thread inserts.

rascole

Just redo the wires to match your pin out. If not pull the harness out of the old mirrors.
By the way the 06-07 have studs. The 08-up have knurled thread inserts.
Incorrect, both are the same with inserts with bolts, no studs. I know with other models the outside mirrors will be pre wired for heaters, GM may have thought about adding it before the axe. Silverados are a good example.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
The wiring is reversed in the newer mirrors vs. the older ones. Down is up, or left is right. One of the two is backwards.

BTW, the Dorman ones do not appear to use glass; mine are scratched from cleaning the mirror. That never happened with OEM ones.

Happy Hummer

Actually, that is odd because I just looked up the item. Went back to the image for a closer look and it indeed is threaded insert on the 06-UP. Oh well, not perfect lol.
But hey you didn't have to pay for the information.

rascole

I don't mind cutting the old connectors off and installing them on the new mirrors. Was hoping there was someone that already had documented this. Looks like I'll be the guinea pig.

rascole

New mirrors are installed. The new connectors are black but do work with 06-07 connectors. The passenger mirror functions like normal, up/down & left/right. The driver side is reversed, I will leave it alone for now, didn't feel like cutting, next years project list.

20231105_134229.jpg

20231105_134300.jpg

20231105_134028.jpg

rascole

Spent a day on the trails and have to report these mirrors are garbage. They vibrate almost as bad as my old ones and plastic scratches very easily. Gonna dissect the old mirrors, clean, repair and reuse what I can.