• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

SOA question

poweraidon

I want to do a SOA but I only have my t bar cranked would it make the rear too high? Cause I read it's perfect with a rancho or SAS. Both of those are much higher than just t bar crank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Panzer07

I believe it will...u might loose some inches if u it off the big O leaf spring hanger and replace it a smaller one as well u'll gain some ground clearance since ur new hanger won't be hanging as low as the factory one do...don't quote me in this dice I don't have one myself yet, but this is so far what I've gather from reading all the post about this topic in the forum. I'm sure someone with more experience will pitch in sooner or later and explain this better.

Sent From Someone Else's iPhone 'Cause I'm Too Broke To Own One.

poweraidon

I believe it will...u might loose some inches if u it off the big O leaf spring hanger and replace it a smaller one as well u'll gain some ground clearance since ur new hanger won't be hanging as low as the factory one do...don't quote me in this dice I don't have one myself yet, but this is so far what I've gather from reading all the post about this topic in the forum. I'm sure someone with more experience will pitch in sooner or later and explain this better.

I'm gonna save up for the rancho lift after that I'll do the SOA and probably add a 1in body lift.... Can't wait [emoji16]

Panzer07

I'm in the same boat right now as u are buddy...however I'm going with a 2 or 3 inch body lift tho because I wanna run 37-8's once my 35's wear out (and so I have no rubbing)...but indeed coming with those $2,100 for te kit plus shocks and SOA component is quite a task. Specially when u are just a college student and have a fam lol

Last edited:

poweraidon

I'm in the same boat right now as u are buddy...however I'm going with a 2 or 3 inch body lift tho because I wanna run 37-8's once my 35's wear out (and so I have no rubbing)...but indeed coming with those $2,100 for te kit plus shocks and SOA component is quite a task. Specially when u are just a college student and have a fam lol

What kind of body lifts are you looking at cause I only can find the day star 1"? Haha yeah it won't be easy but I like having to work for something it keeps me motivated.

Lol and I'm still in high school senior year this year [emoji15]

digglesworth

Buy some high clearance leaf mounts if your worried about ground clearance. That'll get you by for the mean time. From what I understand the soa was a 2fold solution. It got rid of the crappy Rancho leaf springs AND it also added some clearance in the rear....

Panzer07

What kind of body lifts are you looking at cause I only can find the day star 1"? Haha yeah it won't be easy but I like having to work for something it keeps me motivated.

Lol and I'm still in high school senior year this year [emoji15]

I seen some other body rubber spacers lift kits around (sorry I can recall the link right now) but they offer 1, 2, 3, and 4 inch body lift, I think I'm going with just two inches so my steering link doesn't have to be in a weird angle and then I has to come up with a way to fix that later, I remember reading with the 3 in body list you have to mod the steering system. Hopefully I can buy my rancho lift before the end if this month since they have a $400 dollar rebate...that's 2 socks right there...4wheelonline.com they have the lowest price in the rancho lift$ 2,100 and some change plus free shipping and u still get the rancho rebate if u buy it before the end of Thai month.

poweraidon

I seen some other body rubber spacers lift kits around (sorry I can recall the link right now) but they offer 1, 2, 3, and 4 inch body lift, I think I'm going with just two inches so my steering link doesn't have to be in a weird angle and then I has to come up with a way to fix that later, I remember reading with the 3 in body list you have to mod the steering system. Hopefully I can buy my rancho lift before the end if this month since they have a $400 dollar rebate...that's 2 socks right there...4wheelonline.com they have the lowest price in the rancho lift$ 2,100 and some change plus free shipping and u still get the rancho rebate if u buy it before the end of Thai month.

The universal ones? Do they fit I read they don't fit really well

Panzer07

The universal ones? Do they fit I read they don't fit really well

Not sure need to research more about then, but if anything my plan is just to get a couple more of those day star rubber spacer and stack then together some extended bolts and "Pow!" U are in business again.

Last edited:

poweraidon

Not sure need to research more about then, but if anything my plan is just to get a couple more of those day star rubber spacer and stack then together some extended bolts and "Pow!" U are in business again.

Lol can you actually do that?

Panzer07

Idk technically speaking I don't see why not I'll find out next month when I do mine if I'm able to get the rancho lift this month

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man."
-Mark Twain-

poweraidon

Idk technically speaking I don't see why not I'll find out next month when I do mine if I'm able to get the rancho lift this month

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man."
-Mark Twain-

Alright please let me know we're in this together now [emoji16]

Panzer07

Got to out the no homo at the end buddy or else it sounds weird lol

Anyways and I will

Panzer07

I think your h3 is a sex machine.... No homo

-memories comeback- haha never had been told that before, but it sure used to bring over the girls from the bars...back in my single years...Borat (character from a movie) Would Love My Hummer Since It Came With The Puss Magnet from factory. Lol XP

And yours is not behind I like what u done with yours.

RamRod

A couple more things I would watch for when doing a BL is that the fuel filler hose doesn't get stretched too far or popped off, that the gear shift linkage is still okay and not stretched too far.

You can buy lift pucks off of ebay, buy the size you want to lift your rig, figure out the length and thread pitch of the body mount bolts that are on there OEM buy the same ones but bigger by adding the length of your BL pucks and make sure you didn't stretch anything too far and you should be set

Panzer07

A couple more things I would watch for when doing a BL is that the fuel filler hose doesn't get stretched too far or popped off, that the gear shift linkage is still okay and not stretched too far.

You can buy lift pucks off of ebay, buy the size you want to lift your rig, figure out the length and thread pitch of the body mount bolts that are on there OEM buy the same ones but bigger by adding the length of your BL pucks and make sure you didn't stretch anything too far and you should be set

Thanks for the info definitely gonna keep an eye for this

-Mark Twain-

amrg

Something else would be the radiator hoses. On the alpha the hoses were too tight, abit more lift would damage them. Not sure on the I5 tho