• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

SoCal Event - 2N17X - November 23rd, 2012

Sircode13

Well-Known Member
Messages
547
Location
Laguna Hills
Well I guess I can't make it. My wife now has other plans. Her nephew's wife had twin girls and since she was doing most of the raising of both him and her niece for her brother, an Asian thing, she wants to visit them. I have to give in cause we spent Thanksgiving with my family, so bummed out. Can't wait for the pictures, so I can remember all the fun I had last year.
:(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
 

Expendable

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,025
Location
Burbank, CA
I also won't be able to make it. I'm working tonight and tomorrow night since I wasn't able to get em off. Have fun and take awesome pics/videos!

Hope to be out on the trail with you guys soon!
 

Zach

Mall Crawler
Messages
4,812
Location
So Cal
More than likely, I am heading out from Riverside tomorrow. Looking forward to a great run and see you guys in the am
 

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
Messages
1,506
Location
Silverado
Zach got a AAA ride home. The rest of us are eating at famous Dave's.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 

Zach

Mall Crawler
Messages
4,812
Location
So Cal
Just got home from my AAA ride. Slow drive home but great gas mileage. Rear diff cover has a couple windows in it from the inside. One window happened about half way through the trail. Second, not sure. Was able to finish the trail and make it to the road for my ride home. Did need a strap on the last section. Seems the front end didn't want to stay on the ground. Should be some good pics of it
 
Last edited:

bigbadt

Well-Known Member
Messages
139
Location
Socal
Just got home from my AAA ride. Slow drive home but great gas mileage. Rear diff cover has a couple windows in it from the inside. One window happened about half way through the trail. Second, not sure. Was able to finish the trail and make it to the road for my ride home. Did need a strap on the last section. Seems the front end didn't want to stay on the ground. Should be some good pics of it

Did your gears go bad or did you hit some jagged rocks ?
 

Zach

Mall Crawler
Messages
4,812
Location
So Cal
More than likely knocked a few teeth or so off the ring gear. Not sure till we open it up. Got through the trail though. No rocks, the holes came from internally
 

H3-ING

AdventureTime
Messages
156
Location
Newport Heights
Did your gears go bad or did you hit some jagged rocks ?

Broken ring teeth

F08BEF82-2330-4FC8-B618-587C22A329FF-5140-000011201329D57B.jpg


Just got home. Another fun day on 2N17X
Great job Zach finishing the trail with a broken diff :thumbs:
 

Expendable

Well-Known Member
Messages
1,025
Location
Burbank, CA
wow. Sorry to hear about your Diff Zach but glad you made it off the trail fine.

Will watch out for the trail report with pics and vids!
 

Zach

Mall Crawler
Messages
4,812
Location
So Cal
The truck was a champion finishing the trail. Just left a trail in a few spots of gear oil. Thanks for your patience and support guys. Some tough climbs after it went out but luckily it powered through it. Great day besides the damage. And bummed I missed dinner
 

Zach

Mall Crawler
Messages
4,812
Location
So Cal
Glad you all got home safe. A lil envious about dinner, but got a free ride home and good conversation. And have another contact for a tow lol
 

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Messages
6,561
Location
Arizona
Zack,
Sorry to hear about your rear diff. Hope the fix isn't too bad or expensive.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapataint
 
Top