• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Squawking front-end while turning, suspect Torsion Bar issolators

ZacWolf

Member
Messages
5
Location
Durham, NC
I have a 2003 H2, and I'm getting a loud squawking sound when I'm turning the steering at very low speed (parking lots, etc.).

I've checked all the obvious, belt is good, power steering is good (doesn't make the sound when I jack it off the ground).

I think I've tracked it down to a worn out Torsion Bar isolator. I use my H2 for hauling and long trips, so at 10+ years I just hit 100k miles. It's looking like many of the rubber bits are starting to wear down.

Replacing the Torsion Bar Isolator looks like a pretty simple replacement, so I'm ordering two.

My question is: while I'm working on this should I also change the LINK. Stabilizer Shaft?

Here's a link to the whole torsion bar assembly: http://parts.nalleygmc.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_product=2791284&ukey_assembly=392544

The rubber stabilizer is part # 50, and the stabilizer shaft is the whole part #40 group.

The expense isn't terrible, but if it's unlikely to have any parts that would wear probably not worth changing; but looking at the assembly pic, there might be some rubber isolators in it?

THANKS!
-Zac
 
Top